19-year-old Jeni, has provided these fun, easy craft ideas for every day use, holiday crafting and a great way to keep children busy when babysitting. Jeni has been crafting and babysitting for many years.
Stir three parts water into one part flour until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
To make the paste last longer, add a few drops of oil of Wintergreen. (Optional) You can buy this oil at a drugstore. Stir well and the paste is ready to use.
Now you need paper - newspaper works well!
Dip each piece of paper in the liquid mixture and apply it one piece at a time to:
You can find more paper mached ideas from Kids' Turn Central here.
- Cardboard-Corrugated cardboard is great for bases to projects; and lightweight cardboard, like from cereal boxes, works well for details.
- Chicken Wire - Use this as a base for large projects. How about making a paper mache dinosaur!
- Masking Tape - Great for holding all the other things together while you apply the paper mache.
- Newspaper - Besides being a key ingredient in holding your paper mache creation together, you can use it for creating details. Try rolling it to make an arm or leg, or crumple it up to make smaller parts!
- Shoe Boxes - Cover with paper mache to make a fancy box, or use as a base for a bigger project.
- Toilet Tissue and Paper Towel Rolls - Great for adding details like arms and legs.
- Balloons-All sizes and shapes are great for bases to rounded designs.
Jeni's Quick Craft Idea Index | Summer Craft of the Day
More Crafts | Babysitting
These original craft ideas are copyright to Jeni, 2003 Please do not reprint or republish without permission.