1. Pants can be either black or brown. Ask an adult to cut triangles in the bottom of them to make it look like they've been bitten by a shark.
2. Next is the shirt. Try to find one with ruffles or puffy sleeves. If you can't find one, a plain white shirt will do. Just cut off the sleeves, and then cut slits, fold back the cloth to form a V. Sew in place. For added embellishment, sew on some gold painted buttons. If you want a dirty looking shirt, make a tea using T-bags and dip the shirt in it. This works very well with cotton shirts. Rinse the shirt after you have achieved the desired color. You can stick a Jolly Roger sticker to the pocket of the shirt if desired.
3. You will need a sash around the waist. You can use a red scarf twisted or even better a piece of rope.
4. For your eye make a black patch using felt. Cut a piece a little bigger than the eye area. Cut the rubber from a party hat and glue to the ends of the patch for easy wearing. Wear the patch before the bandanna so that the rubber doesn't slip.
5. For a bandanna, use a red scarf folded in a triangle shape. You can use a dotted or a striped scarf. Stick some cross and bone stickers. Alternately for a girl, you can attach some sequins to the edge of the scarf.
6. For a sword cut a cardboard in the shape of a sword. Cover with aluminum foil, glue some gold glitter on the hilt area and glue some crystal beads to resemble jewels. Make a loop using ribbon to wear on the waist.
7. Wear some chunky gold chains and a clip-on earring. You can use a tiny piece of cotton dipped in Vaseline on the back of the ear before clipping the earring to prevent any pain.
8. For make-up use a black liner and draw a mustache. Alternately, you can draw a small skull and bones design on the cheek.