Skyreader™ Media Launches Back-To-School Special Promotion To Encourage Kids To Read|
Five Top Selling eBooks Specially Priced at $0.99
TORONTO - August 17,2011 - Skyreader™ Media is launching a back-to-school promotion to encourage children to read more in preparation for the start of the new school year this fall. For a limited time five of Skyreader's top selling interactive eBooks will be available on the AppÂ®Store for just $0.99.
Specially priced interactive AppleÂ® iPadÂ® eBooks for young readers include:
- Coyote's Tale (Ages 5-9): A novel based on a Mexican folk tale that teaches children courage and wit can help turn around tough situations.
- Robo Buddy (Ages 5-9): The story of two best friends who will do anything for each other … even if it means Mom won't be happy.
- Giant Trouble (Ages 9-13): A thrilling tale about Finn McCool, the biggest giant in Ireland, and his wife Oona, who saves Finn from Cucullin, the biggest and strongest giant in Scotland, with some very clever tricks.
- Banana Ninja (Ages 9-13): A tale of injustice and courage that teaches a lesson about the benefit of using your head before using your hands.
- Mars Colony (Ages 9-14): A family's adventure on Mars set in the year 2130. Features scientific facts that make the reading experience entertaining, educational and engaging.
"Skyreader is committed to building literacy and the love of reading for both learning and leisure. We hope this very special offer will engage young minds this summer and lead to a love of reading for a lifetime," said Kevin Gillis, CEO of Skywriter Media Inc.
"At a time when children are immersed in digital media, interactive eBooks such as those offered by Skyreader make it possible to deliver rich literature critical to reading development in a format that will engage children outside of the classroom," said Dr. Melissa Hughes who holds a Ph. D. in Curriculum and Instruction. "Studies indicate that children who read more, read better; they also write and spell better and have larger vocabularies. Incorporating literature with the array of games and apps accessible to children is a powerful way to encourage reading for pleasure."
As students prepare for the new school year, these specially priced interactive eBooks will enable children to take advantage of the last few weeks of summer and read.
News | Our Environment | Books
About Skyreader™ Media
Skyreader™ Media, owned by Skywriter Media and Entertainment Group and Backyard Media Works, based in Toronto and Ottawa, Canada, is a publisher of mobile apps for the AppleÂ® iPadÂ® and other emerging tablet devices. Skyreader's ™ exclusive content, patent pending technology and scalability, positions it as a market leader in interactive eBooks. Skyreader™ Interactive eBooks target reading children of all ages. With over 1,500 children's book titles and over 200 half hours of award winning television content under license, Skyreader™ is bringing great stories and content to children and parents in an all new and interactive way.