A Hawaiian interactive adventure for mystery lovers hits retail this month as Her Interactive today announced that it has shipped Nancy Drew: The Creature of Kapu Cave for the personal computer. The 15th game of the best-selling, award-winning series, Nancy Drew: The Creature of Kapu Cave adds an intriguing twist by allowing players to assume the role of three different players: Nancy Drew -- and for the first time ever in a Nancy Drew PC game -- Joe and Frank Hardy.
“A story this puzzling requires the brain power of more than just one super sleuth, so we have added in the eagle-eye talents of Joe and Frank Hardy and allowed players to utilize them to help solve the mystery,” said Megan Gaiser, president and CEO of Her Interactive. “It’s exciting to switch between the characters to discover things from different points of view. The Creature of Kapu Cave illustrates the thought-provoking and entertaining content that has made our franchise a multi-million unit sales success story.”
Featuring more nuances than a hula dance, Nancy Drew: The Creature of Kapu Cave has the intrepid heroine jetting over to Hawaii as a research assistant for Dr. Quigley Kim. In transit, she runs into the Mapu family, who loan her an SUV and give her directions to Dr. Kim’s camp. The Hardy Boys, on a separate covert operation, are also visiting Hawaii and staying at the cultural immersion center run by the Mapu family.
Before leaving for Dr. Kim’s, Nancy is warned to avoid the secretive Hilihili research compound of Malachi Craven as some believe it’s linked to the legend of Kane ‘Okala -- a man who narrowly escaped being sacrificed to the volcano but was left with a hideous, scarred appearance. When Nancy arrives at Camp Quigley, she discovers that the camp has been ravaged and Dr. Quigley is missing. As her adventure unfolds, Nancy discovers the Kapu or “forbidden” cave and discovers that there is more to the legend than meets the eye.
- For the first time, the ability to play as three different characters: Nancy, Joe Hardy and Frank Hardy depending on the skills and clues needed to solve the mystery;
- The use of the SUV GPS system to travel to a variety of exotic Hawaiian environments;
- An assortment of puzzles to gather clues that allow players to progress through the game;
- Snorkeling for shells and designing shell necklaces to earn ‘Big Island Bucks’;
- A second chance feature that enables players to take risks without starting over;
- Hints from Bess and George to help navigate the game;
- Two difficulty settings to allow players of all skill levels to solve the mystery.
Creature of Kapu Cave Minigame
More Nancy Drew:
Message in a Haunted Mansion | Secret of the Scarlet Hand | Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake | The Haunted Carousel