Check out Hot Toys 2008
The holiday season is rapidly approaching so once again we will take a look at some potential "hot" toys for 2007.
Fisher-Price will be introducing T.M.X. Elmo to some friends this fall. T.M.X. Cookie Monster and T.M.X. Ernie arrive in stores in October. The new dolls are slightly smaller than our red furry friend and come with a smaller price tag.
Along with a new Ernie and Cookie Monster, Elmo will be decked out this year as a Pizza Seller with his very own singing Pizza!
Webkinz, the charming plush pets from Ganz with their own interactive web site, should prove popular with both boys and girls. Look for new designs of these popular pets this fall. Also combining collecting and connecting is Funkeys. The more Funkeys players own, the more zones they can explore and the more games they can play when connected to a computer.
With the popularity of the video game Guitar Hero, look for budding musicians adding Fisher-Price I Can Play Guitar to their wish lists this year. Designed for children ages six and older, the guitar plugs directly into your TV and teaches you to play the guitar.
This year, theaters were filled with sequels of some very popular characters. Harry Potter, Spider-man, Shrek, The Simpsons and Pirates of the Caribbean all hit the big screen and not far behind were the toys, video games, books and gadgets. New movie themes this holiday season include a whole line of Transformers and a rat named Ratatouille.
High-tech gadgets will likely show up on everyones wish list this year. Digital cameras, cellphones, MP3 players, digital journals and personal computers are always welcome with the tech-savvy youth of today.
Finally, you can't go wrong with a classic. For boys, Lego is always popular. This year, the Mission to Mars collection should be a hit. For girls, there's something for everyone in the Barbie line - from standard to interactive dolls.
As the holiday season gets closer, be sure to check out the Toy News section at Kids' Turn where we feature the latest press releases from all your favorite toy companies. We'll be sharing the latest news in toys and how to get them.
You can purchase these toys and many more online at Kids' Turn Central through Amazon.com, Toys R Us and many other affiliate toy companies in our Holiday Shop and through direct links on the site. If you are having problems finding a particular toy, drop us an email and we'll try to find a resource for you. All purchases help support and maintain this site.
More Hot Toy Resources include:
- The Canadian Toy Association Bright Ideas 2007 offers some good ideas.
- Read reviews about your favorite toys at: The Toy Review
- Find out the Top 100 "best" toys at Dr. Toy's selections for 2007.
- Information on the hottest toys in the United Kingdom check out the British Association of Toy Retailers web site.
- Looking for detailed information about toys? The Toy Source offers reports, stock quotes on toys, news plus a search engine to help you find the toy you are looking for.
- Check out the Top Selling Toys at Amazon.com for great ideas.
- To get opinions from kids, who know what they want, drop by the Kids' Turn Forums where we are discussing: Hot Toys for 2007