FunBrandz™ Debuts Exciting New Board and DVD Games at the 2007 International Toy Fair
In an Industry First, Four New DVD Games Based on DreamWorks Animation's Shrek the Third™ Will Launch Simultaneously with the Theatrical Release
SANTA MONICA, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Feb. 7, 2007 FunBrandz™, the recently announced parent company of board and DVD game publishers Specialty Board Games (SBG), b EQUAL and Rumba Games, announces an impressive line-up of new board and DVD games in conjunction with the 2007 International Toy Fair. In an industry first, the b EQUAL brand will simultaneously launch four new DVD games based on a single theatrical release, DreamWorks Animation's upcoming computer-animated comedy, Shrek the Third™. The new series of games is headlined by Shrek® Swamp Party, the first party-style DVD game that features physical and brainy challenges, four exclusive collectible figurines, and other fun gameplay accessories such as Shrek® ears.
FunBrandz is also pleased to announce its first licensing partnership with Universal Studios Consumer Products. Under this agreement, the Company will launch, under the b EQUAL brand, a new DVD game based on Curious George, the hit PBS series. The game, which has a suggested retail price of $24.99, comes packaged with collectible blocks that are used to interact with the DVD game.
In another industry first, FunBrandz is showcasing a series of more than 10 new impulse priced DVD Games based on the Company's top licenses such as Shrek®, NASCAR and World Wrestling Entertainment® (WWE®), all with a SRP of $9.99 and under. Each title will also be distributed in new j-hook blister packaging that allows retailers to merchandise more DVD Games than ever before.
"FunBrandz will showcase at this year's Toy Fair our biggest and most impressive line-up of new board and DVD games to date," said Curtis Hutten, Co-Founder and Co-Chairman of FunBrandz. "With a series of new DVD games that include exclusive collectibles, 10 titles newly packaged and priced at $9.99 and several new exciting board games, we are confident that our line-up of games under the SBG, b EQUAL and Rumba brands, will appeal to retailers and family members of all ages."
"By featuring a distinctive line-up of games that is different than anything we've released before, we anticipate 2007 to be bigger and better than ever," added Mark Sutcliffe, CEO of FunBrandz.
Following the announcement of Discovery Channel's American Road Trip as the 2006 Parent to Parent Adding Wisdom Award recipient for Most Unique Product of the Year and for Best 2006 Educational DVD, b EQUAL will continue the tradition of excellence with a new DVD game based on the popular Discovery Channel series, MythBusters.
Rounding out the 2007 Toy Fair line-up is a series of exciting new games including Scrabble Poker and the Uberzuiker Presents Pele's World Football from Uberzuiker, the recently announced new games company from CSI creator Anthony E. Zuiker.
FunBrandz will be at Toy Fair 2007 in Booth #2903 at the Javits Center from Sunday, February 11 - Wednesday, February 14 to showcase the following line-up of products:
- Shrek® Swamp Party DVD Game - Draw, dance and laugh on your quest to become life of the party! Featuring 200 wacky physical and brainy challenges and multiple levels of play to choose from. The game also contains four figural game pieces, Donkey bean bag, Shrek® ears with toss rings and activity mat.
- Shrek® Princess Club DVD Game - Join Fiona and her band of Princesses! Four-games-in-one include: Snow White's Dance Party, Sleeping Beauty's Crossword Scrambles, Rapunzel's Dress-up/Mess-up and Cinderella's Slipper Sling.
- Shrek® Pick-A-Pair! DVD Game - Pick-A-Pair! puts your memory to the test; also includes bonus Shrek Trivia Challenge Game.
- Shrek® Castle Races DVD Game - Travel through Far Far Away to reach Home Sweet Swamp! Also includes bonus Shrek Trivia Challenge Game.
- Curious George DVD Game - Game features hands-on learning activities, as well as custom wooden blocks, designed to interact directly with onscreen challenges. Also includes a collectible Curious George figurine.
- MythBusters DVD Game - Debunk popular myths in this mind-boggling, sense-tickling game! Based on Discovery Channel's hit series MythBusters.
- WWE Power 25 DVD Board Game - Jerry "The King" Lawler™ is your guide in this extreme battle, watch and answer from 500 different on-screen DVD challenges featuring the top WWE Superstars & Legends.
- WWE DVD Board Game 3rd Edition - Prepare for the next edition of the popular game allowing fans to manage a roster of WWE Superstars in-ring and backstage. Features WWE footage on DVD and authentic graphics putting players in the action.
- Uberzuiker Presents Pele's World Football - A high-octane sports game that simulates real World Cup soccer, from Anthony E. Zuiker, the creator of CSI.
- CSI: Senses - Updated with a new metallic case, CSI: Senses was developed by CSI creator, Anthony E. Zuiker and includes eight collectable character pawns. The game also includes six stories written by Zuiker himself in the same style as the hit CBS TV show.
- Urban Myth - Classic Edition offers the best of the original game with dozens of new myths and true stories culled from the headlines of the past six years.
- Scrabble Poker - An exciting combination of two classic games in one. Use your cards to create high-scoring words and then place your bets.
Find us on Facebook - Add your comments about this story.
Check out the Kids' Turn Central Holiday Shopping for Kids Guide to purchase the hottest toys for kids.
Hot Toys 2008 | Toy Stores Online | Toy Manufacturers | Christmas Corner
FunBrandz™ is the parent corporation for award-winning DVD and board game companies Specialty Board Games (SBG) (http://www.playsbg.com), b EQUAL (http://www.bequal.com), and Rumba Games (http://www.rumbagames.com), the companies responsible for creating games for the biggest licenses in the world such as CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, DreamWorks Animation, World Wrestling Entertainment® and NASCAR. In addition, FunBrandz has announced plans to form a new toy company and a new crafts and home decor company. For more information, please visit http://www.funbrandz.com.