Ravensburger Celebrates the 25th Anniversary of its Award-Winning Labyrinth Game
World Leader in Top-Quality Playthings Relaunches Best-Selling
Children's Games Collection and Introduces All-New Xoomy®
Arts & Crafts Sets for Hours of Kid-Focused Fun
Ravensburger - American International Toy Fair, Booth #465, Javits Convention Center
February 13-16, 2011
Newton, NH - February 9, 2011 - Fun for everyone! Ravensburger, the first name in high-quality puzzles and playthings and highly-engaging board games, is playing to win with its all-new 2011 line-up. Highlighted by the 25th anniversary of its award-winning Labyrinth family game, the relaunch of the company's best-selling children's games and the introduction of its Xoomy® arts & crafts sets, Ravensburger will showcase its 2011 product range at the American International Toy Fair, Booth #465 in the Javits Convention Center, February 13-16, 2011.
"We're very excited about our 2011 line-up, which marks the silver anniversary of our extremely successful Labyrinth game," said Thomas Kaeppler, CEO Ravensburger. "We're also thrilled about the relaunch of our six best-selling classic children's games that have been completely redesigned and combined into a series called 'Imagine, Play, Discover' that helps parents select the ideal game for their child, providing invaluable learning experiences through play."
This year marks the 25th anniversary of Ravensburger's Labyrinth, a unique family game that features a shifting maze concept that is specifically identified with this game. Wildly popular for its engrossing play pattern, Labyrinth has sold millions of units worldwide. For 2011, Ravensburger offers various line extensions to the Labyrinth assortment, including Labyrinth - The Duel, Labyrinth Card Game and Junior Labyrinth as well as the Labyrinth Anniversary Edition, a limited-edition game with an added twist: 12 maze cards with encrypted messages on the back. The game is packaged in a collector's tin. Ages 8+, SRP $29.99.
Also new for 2011 is Ravensburger's Xoomy arts & crafts collection, which lets kids trace designs from patterns on a lighted screen and then color them to achieve their own creative vision. The imagination-stimulating portable light box illustrating machine is available in both Xoomy® Boys and Xoomy® Girls variations with a blue and a pink case, respectively, and features a portable, compact drawing case containing an adjustable zoom lamp and glare shield, 20 image patterns, ten sheets of drawing paper and one felt-tip pen. Everything fits neatly into the case to inspire young artists on-the-go. Ages 7+, SRP: $24.99.
In addition, Ravensburger's newly-relaunched Imagine, Play, Discover collection features six of the company's best-selling and most loved games with a fresh new look and feel to engage and delight today's children and their families. The rich, fun-filled assortment features fresh artwork and bold callouts to each game's skill-building features to hold the attention of young players. Designed to help young children strengthen their knowledge of basic concepts that spark their imagination, creativity, memory, and communication skills, the Imagine, Play, Discover offerings have an SRP of $19.99 each and include:
- Snail's Pace Race - Six colorful garden snails are ready to race. Players roll the dice and the race is on to see which player's snail comes in first. A cooperative game with real wooden playing pieces. Ages 3+
- Colorama - Featuring a dynamic world of colors and shapes, this game challenges players to match all playing pieces to the game board as it promotes fundamental skills with four different levels of game play. Ages: 3+
- Tell-A-Story - A creative game of matching and sequencing, each player gets five cards that make up a story, and they compete to find them first. Once all five cards are collected, players must use their imagination to tell their character's tale. Ages: 4+
- Mystery Garden - Players enter the Mystery Garden, featuring fascinating scenery and magical inhabitants, and must guess what object the Gardener hides by asking "yes" or "no" questions to stop him from entering the castle. Solving the mystery supports deductive reasoning and the process of articulating questions. Ages: 4+
- Rivers, Roads & Rails - A card game in which children build a world of rivers, roads and rails. Each card must connect perfectly to the next to create an intricate transportation network. To win, players must plan ahead, form pathways and be the first to use up all their cards. Features three different game variations. Ages: 5+
- Race to the Roof - Starting at the front door, players roll the die and race through the different rooms to be the first to get to the roof. No two games are alike. Finding the objects in the room supports recognition and association skills. Ages: 5+
In addition to the relaunch of the Imagine, Play, Discover game series, new from Ravensburger for 2011 is Jolly Octopus, which "stars" Jolly, a happy and ticklish battery-operated octopus, who sits atop his stash of crabs. Players try to grab the crabs with the enclosed tongs, while Jolly does his best to stop them with his moving tentacles. The first player to collect all their crabs wins. The engaging new game features two speed settings to double the challenge. Requires 3 AA batteries (not included). Ages 4+, SRP $24.99.
To learn more about Ravensburger's extensive lineup, please visit www.ravensburger.com.
News | Toy News
Newton, NH-based Ravensburger is the U.S. subsidiary of Ravensburger Spieleverlag GmbH, a German toy and game manufacturer with a 125-year history of tradition. Founded in Ravensburg, Germany in 1883, Ravensburger is a leading producer of toys loved the world over and celebrated for its meticulous commitment to detail, high production standards and superior quality control. In addition to Ravensburger-branded puzzles, games and arts & crafts, the company is the exclusive distributor of WOW Preschool Toys and holds licenses for such well-known brands as Thomas and Friends™, Animal Planet™, The Twilight Saga™, Hello Kitty®, Highlights™, Iron Man® 2 and more.