WARNER BROS. CONSUMER PRODUCTS AND PRESSMAN TOY BRING TAP-DANCING PENGUINS OF “HAPPY FEET TWO” TO GAME AND PUZZLE AISLES
Available for Purchase at Mass and Specialty Retailers Nationwide in Fall 2011
BURBANK, Calif., February 12, 2011 ¡V Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Pressman Toy Corporation, known for delighting families with classic games and innovative licensed products for nearly 100 years, announce a line of board games and puzzles based on Warner Bros. Pictures¡¦ highly anticipated computer-animated family film Happy Feet Two. A follow up to director George Miller¡¦s 2006 Academy Award-winning Best Animated Feature Film, Happy Feet, Miller¡¦s Happy Feet Two will be presented in 3D and 2D and IMAX, and will make its theatrical debut on November 18, 2011. Pressman Toy¡¦s games and puzzles will be available for purchase at mass and specialty retailers nationwide in fall 2011.
¡§The lovable characters of Happy Feet lend themselves perfectly to the games and puzzles created by Pressman Toy,¡¨ said Karen McTier, executive vice president of Domestic Licensing and Worldwide Marketing, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. ¡§Fans of the film will enjoy the offerings that will arrive in conjunction with the highly anticipated sequel.
¡§The penguins of Happy Feet tap-danced into the hearts of children and parents alike as they boogied along to lively remakes of well-known songs,¡¨ said Jim Pressman, president of Pressman Toy Corporation. ¡§When we learned there would be a sequel to the movie, we knew we wanted to create a line of Happy Feet Two board games and puzzles that would allow kids to further engage with these dancing penguins off-screen.¡¨
Pressman Toy¡¦s line of children¡¦s games, appropriate for ages 3 and up, all priced under $20, includes:
- Happy Feet Two Freezing Frenzy, a game featuring a battery-powered Erik who shivers and shakes, kicking ice cubes out of the ice ring. For 2 to 4 players. Ages 5 and up. MSRP: $19.99.
- Happy Feet Two Hold On Erik!, a game of skill featuring Erik balancing atop of blocks of ice that must be carefully pushed out one by one. For 2 or more players. Ages 5 and up. MSRP: $14.99.
- Happy Feet Two Thin Ice, a game of skill where players must place marbles on a ¡§sheet of ice¡¨ without breaking through. For 2 or more players. Ages 5 and up. MSRP: $9.99.
- Happy Feet Two Fishin¡¦ Game, an action-packed game where players go fishing for penguins. For 1 to 4 players. Ages 4 and up. MSRP: $4.99.
- Happy Feet Two Who¡¦s in the Tower? Game, a strategy game where players must ask questions to deduce the order in which their opponent has stacked their tiles (featuring favorite Happy Feet Two characters) in the game tower. For 2 players. Ages 6 and up. MSRP: $12.99.
- Happy Feet Two Make A Match, a ¡§my first matching game¡¨ to sharpen memory skills, complete with a miniature penguin figurine. For 2 to 4 players. Ages 3 to 6. MSRP: $7.99.
- Happy Feet Two Pop ¡¥N Race, a fast-paced game where players race to get all of their pieces home first. For 2 to 4 players. Ages 5 and up. MSRP: $8.99.
- Happy Feet Two Go Fish, a card game featuring favorite Happy Feet Two characters that has players fishing for pairs. For 2 to 4 players. Ages 4 and up. MSRP: $4.99.
In addition, Pressman Toy will introduce several lines of Happy Feet Two puzzles featuring real movie scenes: a 100-piece puzzle assortment; pal-size puzzles; and a line of 96-piece 3D Visual puzzles, complete with a 3D viewer that makes the scenes come to life.
News | Toy News
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About Pressman Toy Corporation
Pressman Toy Corporation, the third largest game manufacturer in the United States, was founded in 1922. The company has released many strong brands that consumers have enjoyed for generations, such as Rummikub, MASTERMIND and Tri-Ominos. One of the first companies in the industry to begin licensing popular characters and content for toys and games, Pressman Toy has created games and puzzles based on Green Lantern, The Smurfs, Happy Feet Two, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, NCIS, Dinosaur Train, Looney Tunes, Hello Kitty, Ben 10, and Scooby-Doo! as well as popular games shows Deal or No Deal, Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune. Further information about Pressman Toy can be found at www.pressmantoy.com.
HAPPY FEET and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.