HABA ADOPTS BELOVED GERMAN-BASED DOLLMAKER GÖTZ
Götz Dolls Return To The States!
Skaneateles, NY (April 4, 2013) -- The big news in Toyland this year is the return of the beloved Götz
product line to American toy shelves. Considered by many doll enthusiasts to be the finest vinyl play dolls
and artist dolls in the world, their new address will be spelled H-A-B-A. HABA will showcase the latest
Götz line of Muffin, Aquini and 18" Precious Day standing dolls with matching accessories.
The history of Götz is as storied as HABA's. A mere 12 years after wooden-toy maker HABA was founded,
another German toy company was born. In 1950, Marianne Götz handcrafted beautiful dolls while her
husband, Franz Götz, would sell them from a wagon he pulled with his bike. Six decades later these two
prominent companies have come together to sell their adored wares to American children.
For generations the magic of a Götz doll was its extraordinary hair, sculptured face, trendy clothing and its
soft fabric or vinyl body. Their superior quality and design remain a favorite of doll lovers and collectors.
For 2013, the trend of exceptional continues with 13" Muffin and her counterparts 8" Mini Muffin and 16.5"
Maxy Muffin. A second line of dolls, 13" Aquinis, will make a splash with tots due to their waterproof vinyl
design. They can drink and use the potty! Cosy Aquinis are a softer version that can be cuddled and bathed.
Of course the 18" standing, poseable Precious Day dolls make a statement all of their own.
Two features make Götz dolls stand above all others. First, their renowned
doll hair can be washed, styled (even with a curling iron or blow dryer on
low settings!) and brushed just like their owner's hair! It's a company secret
but the long locks are rooted in the doll's scalp and won't snarl. The hair is
proudly made in Germany and shipped to the factory in China where the
dolls are made and assembled.
Second, these dollies can be tossed in the washing machine! Place the doll in
a pillowcase, turn the water to cold, delicate cycle, then let the doll lie, belly
down, until dry!
Muffin * Ages 3+
This adorable 13" doll is an ideal companion for a preschooler who wants to pretend to be a
new mommy. The Götz Muffin doll comes with an assortment of fun accessories -- a
white trouser outfit, a nightcap, and a shirt. Her vinyl face and huggable body can
stand up to the hardest hugs that your child can dish out. Also look for:
Aquini * Ages 3+
- 13" Muffin, comes with blonde or brunette hair, or dark skin • $44.99
- 8" Mini Muffin - blue eyes, available in four styles • $24.99
- 16.5" Maxy Muffin - choice of two styles with no hair, or two brunettes, a blonde and a red head • $74.99
- 13" Muffin in basic onesie to dress • $34.99
- 16.5" Maxy Muffin in basic onesie to dress (no hair) • $59.99
This little playmate is a waterproof
drink-and-wet doll that is excellent for
young children who are being potty
trained. Each 13" doll has a vinyl body,
painted hair, and is anatomically
correct. Each comes with its own potty
to use, a hooded towel and bottle.
- Aquini Girl (anatomically correct) 13" no hair plus clothing & potty 6 piece set • $39.99
- Aquini Boy (anatomically correct) 13" no hair plus clothing & potty 6 piece set • $39.99
Cosi Aquini * Ages 3+
These soft body dolls can be played with in the bath, and are
designed to drain water easily to stay clean and fresh and not
retain water. Cosi Aquinis are not anatomically correct and
do not drink or use the potty.
- Cosy Aquini 13" Blonde ponytail, soft body doll, plus 8
piece set • $74.95
- Cosy Aquini 13" Blonde with braids, clothing and bath• $59.99
Maxy Aquini * Ages 3+
This 100% waterproof doll is similar to the Cosi Aquini, but has a
vinyl body. Maxy Aquinis are not anatomically correct and do not
drink or use the potty. Great for bath time play.
- Maxy Aquini 16.5" Brunette or Blonde Doll with 7 piece clothing
set * $69.99
Precious Day Dolls * Ages 3+
- Precious Day Jessica 18" Standing Doll, long blonde hair * $89.99
- Precious Day Elizabeth 18", long brunette hair * $89.99
- Precious Day Julia 18", long red hair * $89.99
Götz Doll Accessories & Outfits
Expand your Götz collection with 30 new outfits and accessories for role play any day!
- 3-wheel heavy duty stroller with canopy & storage, fits all Götz dolls * $59.99
- Table seat, fits all Götz dolls * $29.99
- Car seat with foldable canopy for dolls up to 16.5" * $39.99
- Bassinet soft two handled carrier for dolls up to 16.5" * $39.99
- Rosa Snowsuit for 13" dolls * $26.99
- 2 Baby pullovers for dolls 13" to 16.5" * $24.99
- 2 onesies for 13" * $24.99
- 2 pants for 13" doll • $24.99
- 6 piece Basic Care Set (potty and feeding) * $29.99
- Ballerina Set 7 pieces for 18" dolls * $33.99
Beyond this snapshot of a list, Götz carries a wide array of clothing for all of its doll sizes. Because since
1950 they have continually updated & expanded their product line to stay current with the trends so that they
become and remain your children's most loyal playmates!
Look for these latest offerings plus hundreds of other toys, dolls and games on store shelves or online at
News | Toy News
HABA products can be found nationwide at over 1,000 U.S. specialty retail stores and in specialty catalogs
and websites. Many of its products have been recognized with German and American awards including
Parents’ Choice Foundation, National Parenting Center, Creative Child, and Dr. Toy. HABA received Best
Toys of the Year recognition from the TODAY Show Toy Test and has been featured in national magazines
such as American Baby, Baby Talk, Fit Pregnancy, Parenting, Parents and Working Mother.
For more details, visit HABA’s informational website at www.HABAusa.com.