Outdoor Toys From Step2 Heat Up Summer Fun
Step2 Introduces New Twists on Classic Backyard Favorites with Safety and Value in Mind
STREETSBORO, Ohio, May 4 /PRNewswire/ -- As the weather gets warmer, The Step2® Company is proud to introduce its newest outdoor toys to encourage kids to get out and play. The latest toys from Step2's well-loved line of durable, safe products feature "grow-with-me" options and clever two-in-one sports themes to give parents the most bang for their buck and kids the most fun they've had outside in years.
It will be back to the basics for families to get their first shot at everything from basketball and football, to baseball and golf with the new Double Play™ line. For the first time this year, Step2 is introducing an elaborate outdoor toy grill set, in keeping with its famous toy kitchen line. In addition, the Play Up™ line of toys gives families extended years of use with easily adjustable legs to allow the product to grow with the increasing heights of children from toddlers into elementary school.
As America's largest toy manufacturer, Step2 developed its new outdoor sports, playhouses, and sand and water toys based on feedback from families and work by its own designers, who are parents themselves.
"Parents told us they are always looking for new ways to get active outside with their kids but also need things to be safe, while not breaking the bank. Our design team had a lot of fun creating new ways for little ones to play everything from golf to basketball in the backyard," said Step2 CEO Jack Vresics. "This is a big year for backyard play at Step2. We build our toys to last and grow with our families, which is why we want them to be first and foremost safe and fun – everyone's a winner with Step2."
Step2's spring and summer 2010 products are currently available at toy stores and retailers nationwide as well as Step2.com. Some favorites include:
Double Play, Double Fun
Pass the Tongs for Pretend Grilling
- The new Double Play sports line features options that combine two kinds of sports fun in one durable toy designed to grow as your child grows.
- Double Play Sports™ Basketball & Football Set lets kids shoot hoops and kick field goals in one toy and includes a basketball, football and field goal tee. Ages 2+
- Double Play Sports™ Baseball & Golf Set lets kids knock one out of the park and make a hole-in-one at the same time with this fusion tee ball and putting set. The set includes one baseball bat, two balls, home plate/green, tee/putter and wall hanging bracket for easy storage. Ages 2+
- Double Play Sports™ Tee-To-Green Golf Set features a raised tee for driving fun and a putting track for practice. A removable yellow flag can be placed throughout the yard and the set works for both indoor and outdoor play. Includes a track, driver, putter, flag and two golf balls. Ages 2+
- Double Play™ All-In-One Sports Trainer is the all-around sports training camp, with a 7-foot high inflatable basketball hoop as well as a soccer and hockey net with three targets for throwing footballs or baseballs. The comprehensive sport set includes soccer ball, basketball, bag, blower and ground stakes. Ages 2+
New Updates on Classic Playhouses, Play Tables and Slides
- Gather & Grille Playhouse™ sizzles up this summer, featuring an outdoor patio area and grill with electronic sounds for extra fun and creativity. The playhouse features a built-in bench seat for two, large window, an electronic doorbell with realistic chime sound and more. The new architectural style and color palette provide a sophisticated style. Ages 1 1/2+
Step2 is an American toy company, headquartered in Streetsboro, Ohio with 90 percent of its toys made in the U.S.A. Known for its durable and stylish children's toys that promote role playing, motor skills and creative play, the new toys join the favorite lines of high-quality playhouses, play kitchens, sand and water play, ride on toys, and swing sets. For more information, please visit http://clmclient.com/Step2IPK.
- Play Up™ Adjustable Sand & Water Table is an all-in-one table featuring "grow-with-me" legs to adjust for years of fun. The two-sided table features a convenient plug for easy draining, durable one-piece plastic covers to keep clean and dry, and elastic tie-downs on ends keep lid securely attached. A removable 40" umbrella provides protection from the sun. Table holds 10 lbs of sand and 3 gallons of water. Minimal adult assembly is required. Ages 2+
- Play Up™ Double Slide Climber features two slides and a climbing wall ladder with hand grips to assist toddlers when climbing. A rotating steering wheel is added for pretend fun. Minimal adult assembly required. Ages 2+
- Naturally Playful® Countryside Cottage™ - is an adorable play house bringing a charming old-world feeling to life in imaginations with its stone cottage and shale roof. A working Dutch door and built in planter for flowers heightens the old-fashioned make-believe feeling. Detailed interior fixtures include a stone fireplace, kitchenette with sink, swivel faucet and burner with clicking knob. A postal mail slot, electronic doorbell and a play phone are included to complete the cottage. Adult assembly required. Ages 2+
News | Toy News
About The Step2 Company:
The Step2 ® Company is a family company with brands including Step2®, and Infantino® that foster learning and development through creative play in children from birth to school-age years. Step2, based in Streetsboro, Ohio, is the largest American manufacturer of preschool and toddler toys and the world's largest rotational molder of children's and home products, including children's play kitchens, playhouses, outdoor toys and ride on toys, as well as home products such as mailboxes, gardening aids and trash cans. Infantino, headquartered in San Diego, Calif. is a leading designer and international distributor of innovative and original infant, toddler, and preschool products. Featuring fashion-forward designs, the popular product lines include classic creative baby toys and puzzles, innovative soft baby carriers, and simple, no-fuss baby travel systems. Step2, in partnership with Case Western Reserve University's Schubert Center for Child Studies, sponsors CreativePlayPlus.com, an online resource to provide parents with the latest research on creative play and child development. Visit www.creativeplayplus.com for more information on this partnered initiative. Visit www.step2.com and www.infantino.com learn more about The Step2 Company brands.