Disney Store Announces 'Kidada for Disney Store' as First Exclusive Designer Collection
PASADENA, Calif., May 4, 2011 - Today, Disney Store celebrated the launch of Kidada for Disney Store, an exclusive collection with celebrity designer and Disney enthusiast, Kidada Jones. The Charming Collection is a mix of apparel, jewelry, a limited edition Vinylmation figure and Wish-a-Littles, Kidada's design twist on Disney Princess. The Kidada for Disney Store collection is designed to inspire the dreamer in all of us.
"With this classic collection, Kidada brings a unique and whimsical vision to the beloved Disney characters," said Jim Fielding, president of Disney Stores Worldwide. "Disney Store's reinvention over the last two years has taken us to magical new heights and our collaboration with Kidada Jones is the first of many that will position us as a retail destination where guests will find designer collections and unexpected surprises."
"As a kid growing up in Southern California, I was a frequent visitor to the Disneyland and developed a deep love of the magic and wonder of Disney," said Kidada Jones. "This collection was inspired by childhood memories of Disney and the Disney Princess characters combined with my many influences from music and travels around the world."
DisneyStore.com launched the Kidada for Disney Store online boutique DisneyStore.com/Kidada showcasing all of the tantalizing new merchandise.
Kidada for Disney Store Collection includes:
- Wish-A-Little Collection— inside each Belle, Cinderella, Snow White and Tiana figurine, you'll find a charm necklace on a silk strand, as a reminder to love a little, dream a little, laugh a little and wish a little. $39.50
- Kidada for Disney Store pendant necklaces are inspired by Disney Princess and infused with Kidada's unique style and whimsy. $49.50
- Mini Moments charms are based on beloved Disney characters and interpreted by Kidada with her signature style. $14.50
- Adult and children tees featuring the Wish-A-Little version of beloved Disney Princess characters or Kidada's signature wish phrases. $14.50-$34.50
- Wish-a-Little reusable Totes are the perfect accessory to hold your Wish-a-Little swag. $9.50
- Kidada for Disney Store Wish-a-Little watch keeps the time for all your wishing moments. $49.50
- Kidada for Disney Store-branded Limited Edition 9" Vinylmation figure has a fun and colorful design and features a bracelet with a Kidada butterfly charm. $49.50
Kidada for Disney Store Collection is available exclusively on DisneyStore.com, and at Disney Store locations in New York's Times Square, North Michigan Ave. in Chicago; Stockton Street in San Francisco, CA; and Santa Monica Place in Santa Monica, CA.
To find a Disney Store, guests can visit www.DisneyStore.com/storelocator or call (866) 902-2798. Guests can also sign up for email alerts at www.DisneyStore.com/Updates, become a fan on www.facebook.com/DisneyStore or follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/DisneyStore to stay connected to your favorite destination.
News | Toy News
ABOUT DISNEY STORE
The Disney Store retail chain, which debuted in 1987, is owned and operated by Disney in North America, Europe, and Japan. Disney Store is the retail merchandising arm of Disney Consumer Products, the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that extends the Disney brand to merchandise. Disney Store carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney's key entertainment initiatives and characters. Disney Store opened its first store in Glendale, California and, in doing so, originated the themed retail business model. There are currently more than 200 Disney Store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney Store locations in Japan; and more than 100 Disney Store locations in the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Ireland, Italy and Portugal, plus online stores www.DisneyStore.com and www.disneystore.co.uk. Each Disney Store location offers a magical shopping experience that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world's largest and most successful entertainment companies. For more information, please visit www.disneyconsumerproducts.com/press/us/disneystore or follow us at www.facebook.com/DisneyStore and www.twitter.com/DisneyStore.