Your Favorite "Tubby Little Cubby All Stuffed With Fluff" From The Hundred Acre Wood is Back
A Charming New Assortment of Winnie the Pooh and Friends Products for Children and Infants is Now Available
GLENDALE, CALIF. (July 11, 2011)— Fans will be returning to the Hundred Acre Wood on July 15, 2011 when the new Winnie the Pooh film is released in U.S. theaters. Along with the film comes exciting new Winnie the Pooh merchandise from Disney Consumer Products (DCP). The assortment spans toys, infant, food and publishing, reuniting Winnie the Pooh fans with Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, Piglet and the rest of the cuddly gang and introducing the adventure and fun of the Hundred Acre Wood to new audiences.
In celebration of the film's release and new product offering, DCP will transform the popular Soda Fountain Store in Hollywood, California's El Capitan Theatre into a special "Poohtique" pop-up shop starting July 10. The month-long shop, conveniently located next to Winnie the Pooh's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, will feature an array of Winnie the Pooh merchandise including t-shirts, plush, mugs, books, a limited-edition pin and much more. In addition, an exclusive limited-edition Disney Couture t-shirt featuring artwork from the new film will also be available only at the "Poohtique."
Highlights from the Winnie the Pooh product assortment include:
- Children will enjoy playing with and feeding Pooh with the charming Rumbly Tummy Pooh (SRP $34.99) by Fisher Price. Nurture Pooh when his empty tummy rumbles and makes noises by placing his honey pot to his mouth and helping him eat. Once he's full of yummy honey, he'll rock back and forth wiggling his ears and nose in delight. Rumbly Tummy Pooh, available at Toys "R" Us stores nationwide, also talks and sings a song.
- Kids can take Pooh and friends on all of their own adventures with the Disney Store Winnie the Pooh Plush (SRP $16.50). Collect all your favorite characters with these soft and cuddly plush characters that will take you right back into the Hundred Acre Wood. Plush are 11"-16" tall, the perfect size to hug! Disney Store Winnie the Pooh Plush are available at Disney Stores nationwide and at DisneyStore.com.
- Winnie the Pooh Disney Cuddly Bodysuits™ (SRP $12-$19.50) are available in gender neutral and specific colors and themes featuring your favorite characters. The Disney Cuddly™ is made from 100% huggable soft cotton™ so moms can welcome their little one with a cuddle. The cuddly is perfectly sized and even built with snaps that will grow with your baby for longer wear. For ages 0-12 months, the Disney Cuddly™ is available on Amazon.com/disneybaby.
- Moms and babies will enjoy bath time even more with the Winnie the Pooh-themed Daily Renewal Naturals Baby Bath products (SRP $3.99-$5.99). With all-natural hypoallergenic ingredients that are tear free and super gentle, the Daily Renewal Naturals Winnie the Pooh Baby Bath products are just what baby's soft, sensitive skin needs. Getting closer to nature has never been cleaner. Winnie the Pooh Daily Renewal Naturals Baby Bath products are available at Babies "R" Us and Walmart stores nationwide.
- Featuring the adorable Winnie the Pooh and friends, the HUGGIES® Little Movers Diapers (SRP $28.99) are shaped to fit and flex with babies on the go and are specially designed to be more absorbent with proven leak protection. The HUGGIES® Natural Care Wipes (SRP $8.99) help to maintain your baby's naturally healthy skin and are just as soft as Pooh himself. Winnie the Pooh HUGGIES® are available at Target stores nationwide.
- The perfect addition to any nursery or playroom, the Winnie the Pooh Organic Cotton Plush from miYim is new take on an old classic. Featuring soft, muted colors made with non-toxic, low eco-impact dyes, these plush toys are wonderfully safe, eco-friendly and adorable. Winnie the Pooh and friends organic cotton plush are available at Giggle.com (SRP $25 for 11-inch, $110 for 30-inch in Winnie the Pooh only).
- Kids and adults delight in sharing their table with lovable Winnie the Pooh. Disney's 100% Pure Clover HoneyTree Honey (SRP $2.99-$3.49) is great for everyday use and has no refined sugar, artificial coloring or high fructose corn syrup. HoneyTree Honey is great for kids and doesn't run off sandwiches, toast, biscuits, and other breakfast foods. It's the honey that stays put. Available in Original and Strawberry flavors at Walmart and grocery stores nationwide.
- BeechNut's Steamies™ Toddler Meals, Juicies™ 100% Juice, and Goodies™ Toddler Snacks (SRP $1.00-$3.99) provide a fun and healthy choice. Made with essential nutrients and featuring the classic characters of Winnie the Pooh, these meals and snacks are sure to please toddlers and mom. Available at grocery stores nationwide.
- Children can enjoy the new Winnie the Pooh film time and time again with A Hundred Acre Wood Treasury book (SRP $15.99). A retelling of the new Pooh theatrical release, this storybook has Pooh and his friends looking for a proper tail for Eeyore, since his is missing, and then rescuing Christopher Robin from a mysterious creature called the Backson.
News | Toy News
About the Winnie the Pooh Film Walt Disney Animation Studios returns to the Hundred Acre Wood with "Winnie the Pooh," the first big-screen Pooh adventure from Disney animation in more than 35 years. With the timeless charm, wit and whimsy of the original featurettes, this all-new movie reunites audiences with the philosophical "bear of very little brain" and friends Tigger, Rabbit, Piglet, Owl, Kanga, Roo—and last, but certainly not least, Eeyore, who has lost his tail. "Ever have one of those days where you just can't win, Eeyore?" asks Pooh. Owl sends the whole gang on a wild quest to save Christopher Robin from an imaginary culprit. It turns out to be a very busy day for a bear who simply set out to find some honey. Inspired by three stories from A.A. Milne's books in Disney's classic, hand-drawn art style, "Winnie the Pooh" hits theaters in Europe and Latin America in Spring 2011; the U.S. release date is July 15, 2011.
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that extends the Disney brand to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home décor and books and magazines to foods and beverages, stationery, electronics and fine art. This is accomplished through DCP's various lines of business which include: Disney Toys, Disney Fashion & Home and Disney Food, Health & Beauty. Other businesses involved in Disney's consumer products sales are Disney Publishing Worldwide, the world's largest publisher of children's books and magazines, and www.DisneyStore.com and www.DisneyStore.co.uk, the company's official shopping portals. The Disney Stores retail chain, which debuted in 1987, is owned and operated by Disney in North America, Europe, and Japan For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products or follow us at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving, www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving and www.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving.