Ben 10™ Fans Unite! The Heroic Aliens From the Hit Cartoon Network Series Are Being Unleashed on North America
Bandai America and Cartoon Network Partnering on the "Release Your Inner Alien" Promotion That Invites Kids to Become Ben 10 and Harness the Power of the New Deluxe Omnitrix Role-Play Toy
CYPRESS, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Sep. 6, 2007 Kids can truly experience what it's like to become their favorite 10-year-old hero Ben Tennyson - from the hit Cartoon Network show Ben 10 - when the exciting "Release Your Inner Alien" promotion tour, launching September 7th, hits their hometown across the United States and Canada.
With simultaneous events taking place in over 20 cities on both coasts through late October, fans in attendance will be amongst the first to test drive Bandai America Inc.'s new Deluxe Omnitrix role-play toy, which debuts this Fall. Who knows what epic alien adventures will be unleashed when kids see for themselves how to harness the power of the Deluxe Omnitrix just like Ben!
"Like the TV show where Ben is traveling the country in his 'Rust Bucket' RV, there will be two teams journeying across the country in their customized Ben 10 vehicles, bringing the action, adventure and aliens from the brand to kids everywhere," said Matthew Golding, director of marketing for Bandai America. "Kids and their families are invited to join us for the fun in-store demos, score cool prizes and coupons, and test drive the new Deluxe Omnitrix role-play toy."
To showcase the power of the Deluxe Omnitrix and its new LCD game feature, the Ben 10 teams will be outfitted with a wearable flat screen TV monitor that is built into a life-sized Omnitrix device. Fans can see highlights of the LCD game play, footage from the popular TV series and more. All kids in attendance will also get the chance to "spin and win" for prizes on a giant Omnitrix and can score temporary tattoos of the aliens from the show.
The "Release Your Inner Alien" tour kicks off on September 7th in Toronto and will travel to the following cities on both coasts of North America:
While the customized Ben 10 vehicles journey across the country, fans can head to their local retailers now to find the latest action figures, vehicles, playsets, alien collectibles and more from Bandai America. Key Fall 2007 products include:
EAST COAST TOUR SCHEDULE:
Toronto, Canada (September 7-9)
Framingham, MA (September 14)
Hartford, CT (September 15)
New York City (September 16, 21-22)
Secaucus/Rockaway/Raritan, New Jersey (September 23, 28-30)
Richmond, VA (October 5-6)
Wake Forest/Raleigh, NC (October 7)
Atlanta, GA (October 12-14)
Miami, FL (October 19-21)
Tampa, FL (October 26)
Orlando, FL (October 27)
WEST COAST TOUR SCHEDULE:
Vancouver, Canada (September 14-16)
Seattle, WA (September 21-22)
Portland, OR (September 23)
San Jose, CA (September 27)
Los Angeles/Torrance, CA (September 28-30)
Phoenix/Tempe, AZ (October 5-7)
Houston, TX (October 12-14)
Memphis, TN (October 19-21)
St. Louis, MO (October 26-27)
Springfield, IL (October 28)
Currently, the action-packed fourth season of Ben 10 can be seen daily on Cartoon Network (check http://www.CartoonNetwork.com for show listings). The highly anticipated premiere of the series' first live-action television movie, Ben 10: Race Against Time, will be this November.
- 4" Alien Collection: One of the most popular Ben 10 products, these figures now come in battlized poses. Insert the included collectible card into the base of the display stand to reveal the secret code, which can be entered online at Bandai.com for exclusive Ben 10 downloads.
- 6" DNA Alien Heroes: Offering some of the most unique features of any action figure in the boys' category, kids can collect two versions of Ben Tennyson. He comes with his own miniature light-up Omnitrix, different alien arm attachments and can utter his familiar cry, "It's Hero Time!"
- 8" Metamorfigures: Transform these aliens into completely unexpected toys, such as a working lock or motion sensor to guard the bedroom. Lights and sound effects from the show are also featured in the new Fall versions.
- 12" Epic Alien Figures: These large-scale figures feature detailed sculpts and articulation in the arms and legs. Unlike the other figures, these characters have a highly stylized look and feel.
- Transforming Alien Ships: These transforming vehicles offer two play modes, one with an alien behind the wheel and another with Ben. All feature lights and missile firing, and can be connected together to form a larger vehicle.
- Role-play: Kids can imagine themselves as Ben with the Alien Voice Changer, which modulates the voice to sound like an alien. The included alien character glasses complete the illusion. In addition to the new Deluxe Omnitrix, which operates just like Ben's with cool lights and sounds, the new Transforming Arm Set offers a wearable Omnitrix and three different alien arm attachments. It features a fun punching game, along with sound effects and phrases from the show.
- Deluxe Playset: Vilgax's Battle Ship features a slime pit arena for face-offs between your miniature Transforming Alien Rock figures, as well as a Sumo Slammer battle arena. It also offers a super shooter that fires real slime.
- Alien Collectibles: Taking a humorous page from the show - where Ben is obsessed with collecting hard-to-find Sumo Slammer cards - Bandai America has created the unique Sumo Slammer Battle Sets. Each comes with six "sumo-sized" figures that face-off against one another utilizing the packaging as a dojo. These sets also come with five humorous game cards, with highly stylized artwork, that can be used in a Japanese Menko battle, a play pattern considered as the forerunner to the modern card game phenomenon.
For more information regarding the "Release Your Inner Alien" tour and a full schedule of events, please visit www.Bandai.com/ben10.
Find us on Facebook - Add your comments about this story.
Check out the Kids' Turn Central Holiday Shopping for Kids Guide to purchase the hottest toys for kids.
Hot Toys 2008 | Toy Stores Online | Toy Manufacturers | Christmas Corner
About Cartoon Network
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 91 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.'s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
About Bandai America Incorporated
A leader in introducing Japanese toy trends to the United States, Bandai America Incorporated is a subsidiary of NAMCO BANDAI Holdings (USA) Inc., a new entity that resulted from the integration of Namco Ltd. and Bandai Co. Ltd. of Japan. Global interests encompass five strategic business units: toys and hobby (toys, models, apparel and sundries), amusement facilities, game content (home and arcade console gaming), mobile content, and visual and music content (including home entertainment). Bandai America is the manufacturer and master toy licensee of some of the most popular brands in children's toys and entertainment today, including Power Rangers, Ben 10, Tamagotchi and Girlz Connect. The company is headquartered in Cypress, California, and information is available at http://www.Bandai.com.