KIDS PLUG IN WITH THREE HOT INTERACTIVE TOYS FOR THE HOLIDAYS
VTech offers innovative products that connect to the PC and TV
CHICAGO – (October 2, 2007) Many kids today have more sophisticated tastes than adults, including their taste in high-tech playthings. In fact according to a recent study, among those surveyed, 43 percent of children ages 6 and under have used a computer and 27 percent use a computer several times a week or morei. To ensure kids continue to have a choice of engaging activities that plug into the technology they use everyday, VTech® Electronics North America, the creator of the Electronic Learning Products category, is introducing three new digital media products to its award-winning line-up – Whiz Kid™ PC Learning System, Kidizoom™ Camera and V.Smile™ TV Learning System.
"VTech has a rich history of creating high-tech products that include the latest tech innovations and digital learning tools for kids. They are engaging, easy-to-use and challenging, since they provide multiple levels of activities for kids," said Reyne Rice, toy industry analyst for the Toy Industry Association. "These new educational learning and multimedia products ensure kids are engaged in learning yet still having fun."
VTech's New 2007 Tech-Toys
VTech's three new high-tech products get kids plugged into different media and introduce early learning concepts and encourage creative play.
PC and Internet Smart Play – Two Ways
The Whiz Kid™ PC Learning System allows kids ages 3 to 6 to enjoy smart play two ways. Built for PC or on-the-go play, this new interactive learning platform provides over 100 activities that teach everything from letters and numbers to more advanced skill building in reading, math, science and more!
Thus far in 2007, Whiz Kid PC Learning System has received two prestigious toy industry awards including Toy Insider's "Hot 20 Toys" for the holidays. The Toy Insider is an annual holiday toy guide that is featured in Redbook magazine. In addition, Whiz Kid has also been honored with Dr. Toy's 100 Best Children's products for 2007 award and the 10 Best Video/DVD/High-tech products. Dr. Toy's award program highlights the best active, creative and educational products to please many different interests and play styles.
- Kids select from a variety of learning activity pages and play on-the-go or connect Whiz Kid to their PC and watch the activity pages come to life.
- In PC mode, kids can access the secure Whiz Kid Web World site where they can play Whiz Kid online games. Parents can track their children's progress or print lost or damaged activity pages.
- Whiz Kid includes the Wondertown Whizware™ (software) title and is available now at mass retailers. Additional Whizware titles include character favorites such as Bob the Builder, Dora the Explorer, Spidey & Friends, Scooby-Doo, and Thomas & Friends (ERP: $19.99 each).
- Whiz Kid is available for an estimated retail price of $49.99.
Kidizoom Captures Picture and Video-Perfect Memories
The Kidizoom™ Camera is a fun way to introduce younger kids to their own digital camera! Kids can snap pictures and shoot digital video, edit them with wacky effects, or hook up to the PC or TV for photo and video playback.
The Kidizoom Camera received Creative Child's Seal of Excellence, which merits products that are high in creative value.
- With 16MB built-in memory, the Kidizoom stores 120 photos or five minutes of digital video and includes a variety of preschool games and photo puzzles.
- This chunky, colorful handheld camera also includes a variety of preschool games, two interchangeable faceplates and headphones and a memory card slot for memory expansion.
- Kidizoom Camera is available for an estimated retail price of $59.99.
Award-winning V.Smile Receives Upgrades
The enhanced version of VTech's award-winning V.Smile TV Learning System features a sing-along microphone and writing joystick.
The new V.Smile received Creative Child's Toy of the Year Award in the educational play for babies and toddlers category and also National Parenting Center's 2007 Seal of Approval.
- Kids ages 3 to 6 can now sing along with their favorite songs or skillfully navigate writing games as they enjoy V.Smile's acclaimed educational content, loveable characters and video game platform that connects directly to the TV.
- The V.Smile Smartridge library also receives upgrades with new titles including Shrek the Third, Disney/Pixar's Ratatouille, Cranium, Go Diego Go and Backyardigans.
- V.Smile is available for an estimated retail price of $49.99.
Find us on Facebook - Add your comments about this story.
Check out the Kids' Turn Central Holiday Shopping for Kids Guide to purchase the hottest toys for kids.
Hot Toys 2008 | Toy Stores Online | Toy Manufacturers | Christmas Corner
VTech, the creator of the Electronic Learning Products (ELP) Category and the award-winning V.Smile TV Learning System, is a world leader of age-appropriate learning toys. Since 1976, VTech has been developing high-quality, innovative educational products that enrich children's development, from birth to preteen, through fun and smart play.
VTech Electronics North America, LLC is based in Arlington Heights, Ill. VTech Electronics Ltd. is headquartered in Hong Kong with distribution throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information on the Whiz Kid PC Learning System, Kidizoom Camera and V.Smile TV Learning System and VTech's additional product lines, visit http://www.vtechkids.com.