Toys"R"Us® to Offer 10 Percent Back on Purchases to New and Current Members of Its Complimentary Loyalty Program
Beginning Sunday, Rewards"R"Us Members Can Take Advantage of Company's Biggest Reward Offer Ever While Holiday Shopping at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us®
WAYNE, N.J., Oct. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Toys"R"Us, Inc. today announced that new and current members of its popular loyalty program, Rewards"R"Us®, can earn 10 percent back on purchases made in its stores and online this Christmas season. Members can take advantage of this offer by showing their loyalty card when making qualifying purchases* at any Toys"R"Us® and Babies"R"Us® store nationwide or entering their loyalty number online at Toysrus.com beginning this Sunday, October 31 through Christmas Eve. Customers, who are not already enrolled in Rewards"R"Us, can sign up for the complimentary program at any "R"Us® store or online to begin reaping the enhanced rewards.
"Members of our loyalty program enjoy exclusive deals and special perks every day, and we're pleased to offer them our biggest reward offer yet at the time of year when we know they are doing the most shopping with us," said Greg Ahearn, Senior Vice President, Marketing and e-commerce, Toys"R"Us, Inc. "In addition to the incredible deals that customers can expect from us all season long, we're tripling our usual rewards offer to give customers the opportunity to earn money back for post-holiday purchases."
Rewards"R"Us is open to anyone with no credit approval required. Members have the flexibility to make purchases using any payment method, including the credit card of their choice, allowing them to earn not only "R"Us Rewards but also any of the usual rewards offered by their credit card company, such as airline miles and hotel points.
The 10 percent back bonus amps up the program's usual offering of $5 "R"Us Dollars for every $150 spent during select earning periods, providing members the opportunity to earn triple rewards during the holiday shopping season. And, Rewards"R"Us members will be invited to attend exclusive Member Shopping Events, during which they will have special access to in-store sales. They are also among the first to be notified when "R"Us stores receive shipments of in-demand items.
This holiday, Rewards"R"Us members will earn 10 percent back in "R"Us Dollars for every dollar spent** on qualifying purchases in Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us stores nationwide or online at Toysrus.com. All members have to do is make sure their Rewards"R"Us card is scanned each time they make a purchase. "R"Us Dollars will be sent to customers by e-mail post-Christmas and can be used toward savings on future purchases made in-store.
Becoming a Rewards"R"Us member is free, and customers can sign up at any "R"Us store nationwide or at Toysrus.com/Rewards. Once enrolled, members can begin taking advantage of a variety of exclusive benefits and promotions, including:
- Diaper Rewards and Formula Rewards, allowing members to earn free diapers and formula when a certain quantity is purchased
- Free greeting card from American Greetings® when five cards are purchased
- LeapFrog® Rewards, providing members the opportunity to receive one free LeapFrog book or game when four are purchased within a 12-month period, with certain exclusions
- Registry Rewards program, which enables baby registrants who are also Rewards"R"Us members to earn rewards for all qualifying purchases friends and family make from their registries. Gift-givers who are Rewards"R"Us members will also earn rewards for their purchases
- Returns made easy, as Toys"R"Us store employees can look up any member's transaction simply by rescanning the shopper's card. All members have to do is remember to scan their card each and every time they shop in "R"Us stores***
The company will support the promotion with a comprehensive marketing program, inclusive of in-store signage and presence in television, radio, print and online advertisements, as well as social media messaging.
News | Toy News
* Excludes purchases of gift cards, shipping and handling charges, and reward eligible greeting cards, formula, diapers and LeapFrog products. See a store employee or Toysrus.com/Rewards for maximum rewards and complete details.
** Customers who spend $500 will earn the maximum reward of $50 in "R"Us Dollars.
*** Standard return policies apply.
About Toys“R”Us, Inc.
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. It currently sells merchandise in more than 1,560 stores, including 845 Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores in the United States, and more than 510 international stores and 200 licensed stores in 33 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand and sells extraordinary toys in the brand’s flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City. With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com, FAO.com and babyuniverse.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys“R”Us, Inc. employs approximately 70,000 associates worldwide. The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need.