Mattel’s Portfolio of Toys and Games Are Sure To Top Kids’ Wish Lists This Holiday Season!
Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, UNO®, Matchbox® and Fisher-Price® Offer Some of the Most Wanted Gifts of the Season
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Nov 11, 2009 This holiday season Mattel offers an unbeatable line-up of toys and games that deliver non-stop fun, action and excitement at affordable prices savvy parents will love. Mattel’s portfolio of toy brands delivers innovative ways to play every day that are sure to create lasting childhood memories beyond the holidays.
“Expectations for truly special holiday gifts haven’t changed, and this year is no exception,” said Neil Friedman, President, Mattel Brands. “Even though gift givers are managing their budgets more closely in this economy, toys and games must still deliver magical play experiences.”
- For the first time, Barbie can move like a real person with the introduction of Barbie® Fashionistas, the most stylish and on-trend fashion dolls each featuring their own distinct fashion personality, detailed fashions and 12 points of articulation ($11.99)
- So In Style™, a new line of black dolls by Barbie® features more authentic-looking facial features such as fuller lips, a wider noise and curlier hair. So In Style™ was developed by Barbie® designer of 12 years, Stacey McBride-Irby, an African-American mother of two who wanted to create a line of dolls more reflective of her daughter and community. Each of the S.I.S.™ dolls features its own unique personality, style and reflects one if three varying skin tones. The S.I.S.™ line also introduces a mentoring theme; each doll is accompanied by a smaller doll or “little sister” and has different interests – from music and math to science and drill team ($7.99 - $24.99)
- Girls can re-create all their favorite movie moments from the upcoming Disney film “The Princess and the Frog” with the Just One Kiss Disney Princess Tiana Doll ($24.99)
- Avatar™ action figures, vehicles and creatures from the highly anticipated landmark film is the first toy line to incorporate three dimensional, augmented reality technology ($8.99-$26.99)
- UNO Moo!™ offers preschoolers a barnyard-themed version of the classic card game with 28 adorable farm animal figures that replace traditional UNO® playing cards ($19.99)
- The Trio™ Basic Tub Set with bricks, sticks and panels provides easier ways for kids as young as 3 years old to build creativity with sets featuring easy-to-attach parts that “click” and hold together and provide multiple ways to build ($29.99)
For parents who are looking for that extra special “wow” gift Mattel is offering these magical toys and games:
- Tweens can express their inner-DJ with Ucreate Music
– an easy-to-use digital music-making system ($39.99)
- Little girls can join Polly™ and friends at the Polly Pocket™ Roller Coaster Resort Play Set, featuring all the fun and adventure of a rollercoaster into a deluxe luxury hotel complete with a rollercoaster ride built right around it ($49.99)
- Hot Wheels® continues to excite boys with the Hot Wheels® Super Jump Raceway, a super fast track set featuring an amazing 16-inch jump ($49.99)
- Boys will buddy up to Matchbox® Rocky the Robot Truck™ – a hard-working dump truck with a fun-loving personality that dances and cracks jokes ($59.99)
- With Dora’s Explorer Girls™ - Dora Links Doll, girls can explore Dora’s interactive online world and customize their dolls. As girls are playing online, they can help her assume disguises for mystery play – changing her speech, hair length, eye color and jewelry color. When they make a change online, the doll itself actually changes, too ($59.99)
- Fisher-Price® 3-in-1 Smart Sports™ encourages kids to get up and active with the plug and play system that features three attachments – a baseball bat, tennis racket and golf club – teaching kids numbers, letters, colors, shapes, matching, math and more ($64.99)
- Little girls will celebrate an important milestone in their baby doll’s life, walking, with their Little Mommy Walk & Giggle™ Doll ($69.99)
- Mindflex™ takes games to a place once only imagined, as players move a ball through an obstacle course using the power of their mind ($79.99)
- Kids will feel just like they’ve stepped into Handy Manny’s world with the kid-sized Manny’s Repair Shop that features lots of great projects that they can build, just like Manny does on his show ($99.99).
- The quintessential Barbie® must-have item on every girl’s holiday wish list is the Barbie® Pink World Dream Townhouse, a modernized version of the Barbie® Townhouse from the ‘70s. This three-story townhouse features a pink personal elevator, multiple rooms and a pop-up flat screen TV ($149.99)
For more information on other hot holiday toys and games, log on to: www.MattelShop.com and www.fisher-price.com.
News | Toy News
About Mattel, Inc.
Mattel, Inc., (NASDAQ: MAT) (www.mattel.com) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels®, Matchbox®, American Girl®, Radica® and TycoR/C®, as well as Fisher-Price® brands, including Little People®, Power Wheels® and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2009, Mattel is recognized among the "100 Best Corporate Citizens," as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" and as one of FORTUNE Magazine’s "100 Best Companies to Work For." With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs approximately 30,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Mattel's vision is to be the world's premier toy brands—today and tomorrow.