Barnes & Noble.com Announces Top Toys, Games & Puzzles Picks
NEW YORK --(Business Wire)-- Nov 19, 2008 This holiday season, Barnes & Noble.com (www.bn.com), a wholly owned subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), the world’s largest bookseller, has an extensive collection of educational toys, games and puzzles for everyone on your holiday list. Customers can browse the Barnes & Noble.com Holiday Gift Guide (www.barnesandnoble.com/holiday) for selections that offer hours of family fun and entertainment.
Toys and games gift selections include:
Another great source for holiday home entertainment is jigsaw puzzles, including Santa’s Christmas List puzzle, Joy of Christmas 1000 piece puzzle, the Earth Puzzleball and Thomas Kinkade Christmas Cottage 1000 piece puzzle.
- Scrabble Signature Edition, a Barnes & Noble Exclusive, as beautiful to display as it is fun to play.
- Jenga Onyx Game, a Barnes & Noble Exclusive, edge-of-your-seat fun in elegant style.
- Risk 1959 Edition Board Game, a Barnes & Noble Exclusive, the original game of Risk from 1959 with the original style art and 6 sets of wooden army pieces and a rule book featuring the history of Risk.
- Bananagrams Game, fast, fun, and the most delicious new word game in years.
- The Scrambled States of America Game, an evergreen educational game for the whole family.
- Quelf Board Game, a fun and easy party game perfect for holiday gatherings.
- Metaforms, the ultimate logic puzzle game.
- Architecto, an amazing educational game exploring structure and design.
- Name Chase, The Historical Figures Edition Game, a dynamite adult trivia game that combines clues, facts and fun with some of history’s most pivotal people.
Learning and discovery are synonymous with Barnes & Noble, and science kits are the perfect discovery toys. From the My First Science Kit and Mind Blowing Science for beginners (ages 4 and up), to Spa Science (ages and 9 up), Wind Power, and GeoSafari Talking Globe Jr., there’s a kit for anyone at any age.
For the child on your list who has everything, add joy and laughter to winter and the holidays with Barnes & Noble.com’s selection of Webkinz and Favorite Friends.
In addition to the great savings available on Barnes & Noble.com, receive a free silver plated picture frame, a gift from Barnes & Noble Home, when you spend $75 or more. (While supplies last.)
Barnes & Noble Members will find even greater values when shopping at Barnes & Noble. Benefits include discounts of 40% off list prices on hardcover fiction and nonfiction bestsellers, 20% off the list prices of all other adult hardcover books and 10% off almost everything else including items from the recently launched B&N Home.
Barnes & Noble.com customers can place orders as late as December 18th, and receive deliveries by December 24th, and still take advantage of free shipping, when purchasing orders over $25 via Fast & Free Delivery. Orders placed by December 22, 11:59 pm ET using Expedited Air Service will arrive by December 24th. In Manhattan, the popular Same Day Delivery service is also available through December 24th for delivery to Manhattan, NY addresses; orders placed by 11:00 am ET will be delivered by 7:00 pm on the same day. Barnes & Noble’s online Holiday Delivery Calendar helps customers select the shipping method that will ensure delivery in time for the holidays. See site for details.
Find us on Facebook -
Add your comments about this story.
News | Toy News | Hot Toys 2008
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world’s largest bookseller and a Fortune 500 company, operates 796 bookstores in 50 states. The company is the nation’s top bookseller in quality, and for the fifth year in a row, the top bookseller brand, as determined by a combination of the brand’s performance on familiarity, quality, and purchase intent, according to the EquiTrend® Brand Study by Harris Interactive®. Barnes & Noble conducts its online business through Barnes & Noble.com (www.bn.com), one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company’s corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.