Barnes & Noble.com Cyber Monday Promotions
NEW YORK --(Business Wire)-- Nov 26, 2008 Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world’s largest bookseller, announced today that its website Barnes & Noble.com (www.bn.com) will kick-off the online holiday shopping season with an array of special Cyber Monday promotions. The Barnes & Noble.com Holiday Gift Guide (www.bn.com/holiday) will include hundreds of books up to 40% off list price; DVDs up to 70% off list price; music selections up to 40% off list price; exclusive games and specially-priced gift items from B&N Home; as well as gift with purchase promotions.
CYBER MONDAY GIFT WITH PURCHASE PROMOTIONS
In addition to great prices, Barnes & Noble.com will also have special Cyber Monday promotional offers including a free cozy fleece winter throw with an online purchase of $75 or more, (while supplies last); a holiday floral tote bag valued at $9.95 for only $4.95 with purchase of two eligible items on Barnes & Noble.com (while supplies last); and a buy two holiday boxed card sets and get the third free offer available through December 24.
The Barnes & Noble Holiday Gift Guide includes thousands of recommendations for everyone on your list. Editors’ picks include the following bestselling books:
- For vampire-lovers young and old, Stephenie Meyer’s latest teen blockbuster, Breaking Dawn, and the box set of Charlaine Harris’ “Sookie Stackhouse” series, now the HBO original series “True Blood.”
- Top nonfiction picks, such as Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron; Outliers, Malcolm Gladwell’s latest; and Jon Meacham’s American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House.
- Fiction titles guaranteed to entertain from The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb and Stephen King’s Just After Sunset to The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck.
- Great gift books include The New York Times Complete Front Pages, American Farmer: The Heart of Our Country, and the bestselling Barnes & Noble exclusive Tattoo Sourcebook.
- Barnes & Noble.com also has deals for the holidays featuring former bestsellers, children’s holiday favorites, and more at savings of up to 80% off.
DVD picks at savings up to 70% off include:
- Blues Brothers, The 40-Year-Old Virgin and Knocked Up for just $7.99 each.
- Early-season sets of TV’s House, The Office, and 30 Rock at 60% off list prices.
- Hundreds of DVDs and Blu-ray discs at 50% off, including recent hits Baby Mama, The Incredible Hulk and the year’s most celebrated new TV series Mad Men.
- Barnes & Noble exclusives include The Radio City Christmas Spectacular Featuring The Rockettes and Peanuts Deluxe Collection.
- Blockbusters WALL-E, The Dark Knight, Iron Man, and Indiana Jones, plus ABBA extravaganza Mamma Mia!, and the award-winning HBO mini-series John Adams.
Popular music titles are:
- Barnes & Noble exclusive releases from Il Divo, Harry Connick, Jr., Sarah Brightman, Seal, Tony Bennett, Peter Paul & Mary, and more, up to 30% off.
- Holiday releases from Enya, Yo-Yo Ma, Straight No Chaser, Faith Hill, and Mary Chapin Carpenter,
- Chart-toppers such as the Twilight Saga soundtrack, Andrea Bocelli, David Cook, Taylor Swift, the High School Musical 3 soundtrack, David Foster, and Barry Manilow, also at up to 30% off.
Fantastic holiday game choices are heating up the top seller list with picks including:
- Beatles Monopoly, Architecto, Clue – Harry Potter Edition, Halo Interactive Strategy Game, and Lincoln Logs Collector’s Edition.
- Barnes & Noble.com specialty game boutiques feature LEGOs, Webkinz, LeapFrog and a full selection of Thomas the Tank Engine toys.
- From November 26 through December 11, customers will receive $5 off their order when they add a qualifying Toy or Game to their cart (see site for details).
Barnes & Noble.com’s newly launched B&N Home collection features popular gifts for readers such the Gimble hands free book holder, a silver leafed fern ribbon book mark, the clip on reading light, beautiful bookends, and journals. There are also perfect gifts for the home such as candles, a set of elegantly etched maple small serving plates, a timeless silver plate frame with clock, and the connoisseur wine opener set.
Barnes & Noble.com customers can place orders as late as December 18th, and receive deliveries by December 24th, and still take advantage of free shipping, when purchasing orders over $25 via Fast & Free Delivery. Orders placed by December 22, 11:59 pm ET using Expedited Air Service will arrive by December 24th. In Manhattan, the popular Same Day Delivery service is also available through December 24th for delivery to Manhattan, NY addresses; orders placed by 11:00 am ET will be delivered by 7:00 pm on the same day. Barnes & Noble’s online Holiday Delivery Calendar helps customers select the shipping method that will ensure delivery in time for the holidays. See site for details. (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/holiday-gifts/deadlines.asp?)
Barnes & Noble Members will find even greater values when shopping at Barnes & Noble. Benefits include discounts of 40% off list prices on hardcover fiction and nonfiction bestsellers, 20% off the list prices of all other adult hardcover books and 10% off almost everything else including items from the recently launched B&N Home.
Find us on Facebook -
Add your comments about this story.
News | Toy News | Hot Toys 2008
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world’s largest bookseller and a Fortune 500 company, operates 796 bookstores in 50 states. The company is the nation’s top bookseller in quality, and for the fifth year in a row, the top bookseller brand, as determined by a combination of the brand’s performance on familiarity, quality, and purchase intent, according to the EquiTrend® Brand Study by Harris Interactive®. Barnes & Noble conducts its online business through Barnes & Noble.com (www.bn.com), one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company’s corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.