iParenting Awards Announce 2009 Excellent Product Winners
Winners include Top Toys for the Holiday Season
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Dec 01, 2009 iParenting Awards today announced the winners of the 2009 Excellent Products Awards, highlighting must-have toys for every kid on your holiday shopping list. Tech savvy products led the winners list with award-winning toys ranging from a kid-friendly talking digital camera to a roving, exploring robot and an interactive storybook. Eco-friendly toys were also popular with winners including a canvas beach pail, a barnyard building set, and a dinosaur rig made from recycled wood and reclaimed plastic. Award-winning products showcase the best items in the marketplace and were selected from hundreds of entries after rigorous product testing and evaluation.
“The holiday testing period is our busiest with thousands of terrific toys and other products submitted for kids of all ages,” said Emily Smith, vice president of Disney Online's Mom and Family Portfolio. “Our goal with the iParenting Awards is to help parents determine not only what are the newest, most interesting products being introduced but also the best value for the money.”
Top Excellent Product winners for holiday include:
A full list of winners can be found at: http://iparentingmediaawards.com/winners, and winners are highlighted on the new iParenting Awards section of Disney Family.com (www.family.com/products).
- The Family Dinner Box of Questions
– There’s no right or wrong answer in this 52 question card game from The Box Girls! Designed to engage family and friends in fun conversation, starter questions include: “Where is the coziest spot in your home?” and “What is your favorite time of the day?”
- LeapFrog Digital Camera – A talking 2.1 megapixel camera with kid-friendly edges and fun phrases like “Say Cheese!” and “Great Shot!” Accompanying software allows kids to create books, illustrate stories, and incorporate photos into fun games, such as Concentration.
- Ol’ Mac’s Story Building Barnyard – This 95 piece building set lets preschoolers build quickly and easily with flat stacking blocks that “lock” together to prevent children from accidentally knocking over their creations. Made from 100% recycled wood and reclaimed plastic, the panels smell like pine and have visible wood flecks for a true barnyard feel.
- Poingo – Books come alive with Poingo, the next generation of interactive reading from the makers of Story Reader®. Children ages 3 to 7 touch the pictures or text on each page to unlock hidden treasure and bring their favorite characters to life with words, sounds and music.
- Rex Jungle’s Dino Adventure Rigt – An interactive playset from Spring Toys, this free-wheeling, all-terrain vehicle comes with an Adventure Guide with removable safari hat and backpack for little adventurers to go back in time and help save the dinosaurs. In addition, this rig is made from Sprigwood™, a child-safe bio-composite of recycled wood and reclaimed plastic that provides a fresh, wood-shop scent.
- SandSac™ – An eco-friendly alternative to plastic pails and shovels, the SandSac is a foldable cotton canvas travel beach pail with an accompanying shovel made from 100% renewable resource bamboo. The machine-washable SandSac comes in assorted colors and is customizable using fabric markers, paints or applied accessories.
- WowWee Roborover™ – This talking, tread-based, roving explorer has an inquisitive personality that grows to become more confident as users navigate and play with him. The Roborover robot features poseable arms, head and waist, spoken content, various driving-based games, infrared sensors for obstacle avoidance, and tilt sensors allowing him to perceive when he has fallen over.
To be considered for an iParenting Award, companies submitted four identical samples of each product that were precisely matched using iParenting's state-of-the-art technology to experienced reviewers within iParenting's database. Products were thoroughly reviewed and evaluated by a variety of sources including experts and families. Results were compiled and submitted to the iParenting Awards Executive Committee for final approval.
News | Toy News
About iParenting Awards
iParenting Awards is part of the Disney Online Mom and Family Portfolio, a leading group of sites that provide inspiration and ideas for parents on a variety of topics important to today’s families. Sites include Disney Family.com, Kaboose.com, FamilyFun.com, and BabyZone.com.
iParenting Awards is the leading family products evaluation program that is committed to helping parents make informed decisions as they choose products for their family. The iParenting Awards’ method for testing and evaluating products requires review by leading experts, parents and childcare providers, and each product is evaluated on numerous attributes such as quality, durability, age-appropriateness and play value, among many others. The iParenting Awards product testing and evaluation practices ensure that the highest quality products offering the best value for families are recognized in the marketplace.
To view more iParenting Awards Top Product Picks, consumers can visit www.family.com/products. They can also learn more about iParenting Award-winning products by visiting http://iparentingmediaawards.com/winners.