Alice in Wonderland
Check out the Trailer
Release Date: June 1, 2010
Cast: Johnny Depp, Mia Wasikowska
Directed by: Tim Burton
Burbank, Calif., April 16, 2010 – Following a record-breaking theatrical performance, Tim Burton’s epic fantasy adventure ALICE IN WONDERLAND, Disney’s 4th biggest film of all time, takes its booming box-office success into the home with a Disney 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy), 1-Disc Blu-ray and 1-Disc DVD on June 1, 2010, from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment (WDSHE).
The ALICE IN WONDERLAND Blu-ray DiscTM Combo Pack provides audiences with the chance to experience a magical and imaginative twist on some of the most beloved stories of all time in pristine 1080p picture and Dolby Digital 5.1 HD surround sound quality and has been especially packaged with family and fans in mind – with lots of exciting bonus features and an extra DVD and Digital Copy of the movie.
The Blu-ray Disc versions of the film include nine bonus features that take viewers deeper into the famous “Rabbit Hole” - exploring more of the world of Wonderland, its iconic characters and the making of the film. Features include the making of the Futterwacken Dance, a look inside the world of the Mad Hatter and Johnny Depp’s transformation, Tim Burton’s vision for the movie and its characters, the visual effects of growing and shrinking of Alice, costume designs, music, stunts and more.
The suggested retail prices for ALICE IN WONDERLAND are as follows: The 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) is $44.99 (US)/$51.99 (Canada); the 1-Disc Blu-ray is $39.99 (US) /$44.99 (Canada); and the Single Disc DVD is $29.99 (US)/$35.99 (Canada).
Tumble down the rabbit hole with Alice for a fantastical new adventure from Walt Disney Pictures and Tim Burton. Inviting and magical, ALICE IN WONDERLAND is an imaginative new twist on some of the most beloved stories of all time. Alice (Mia Wasikowska), now 19 years old, returns to the whimsical world she first entered as a child and embarks on a journey to discover her true destiny. Wonderland is a world beyond your imagination and unlike anything you’ve seen before. The extraordinary characters you’ve loved come to life richer and more colorful than ever. There’s the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp), the White Queen (Anne Hathaway), the Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter), the White Rabbit (Michael Sheen) and more. A triumphant cinematic experience – ALICE IN WONDERLAND is an incredible feast for your eyes, ears and heart that will captivate audiences of all sizes.
The film’s opening weekend made ALICE IN WONDERLAND the highest-grossing non-sequel opening weekend in history, the biggest March opening of all time, the biggest 3D opening of all time and the biggest IMAX opening of all time.
- Finding Alice – It’s all things Alice. This featurette includes Tim Burton’s vision for the characters, differences from the book and Disney’s version of Alice and how she evolves as both a character and actor as she takes an adventure through Wonderland.
- The Mad Hatter – Audiences are provided with a deeper look into the world of the Mad Hatter. Check out Johnny Depp’s early sketches, make-up, costumes and how they digitally enhanced his eyes.
- Effecting Wonderland – A behind-the-scenes piece on the different technologies used to create some of the most beloved characters in the film – Stayne, Tweedledee, Tweedledum, Bandersnatch and the Red Queen.
Everything on the DVD plus:
- The Futterwacken Dance – Futterwhat? Check out the making of the timeless dance called the Futterwacken.
- The Red Queen – The creation of the Red Queen from start to finish, including early Tim Burton sketches showcasing costume designs, make-up and digital effects.
- Time-Lapse: Sculpting the Red Queen – A short time-lapse piece showing Helena Bonham Carter as she gets her make-up done. A three-hour process can be watched in just a few short minutes.
- The White Queen – An interview with Anne Hathaway, who plays Wonderland’s good queen, about her character’s journey throughout the process of the film.
- Scoring Wonderland – Composer Danny Elfman and Tim Burton discuss the music for the movie.
- Stunts of Wonderland – A featurette highlighting some of the biggest stunts in the film.
- Making the Proper Size – An inside look at the visual effects process of growing and shrinking Alice. See how filmmakers used different techniques to stay true to the storyline.
- Cakes of Wonderland – Take a trip to “Cake Divas” where the creators of the EAT ME cakes provide viewers with details about how they made the smallest crumb to the largest cake in scale.
- Tea Party Props – Tea cups, saucers, cakes and more. Prop master Doug Harlocker gives an overview of all the props used to bring the famous tea party scene together visually.
Be sure to check out the Show Us Your Best Futterwacken Contest! and the Character Profiles
Topics | TV/Movies | Upcoming Video Release Dates
About Disney Combo Packs:
To provide consumers with unprecedented quality, value and portability of their favorite Disney classics, in 2008 WDSHE pioneered the Combo Pack – a Blu-ray Disc plus a DVD and in some cases a Digital Copy of the movie in a single package. Current 2010 Disney titles available as Combo Packs include Ponyo, Toy Story, Toy Story 2 and Princess and the Frog.
About Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment:
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry, is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and Buena Vista product, which includes DVD, Blu-ray Disc™ and electronic distribution. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is a division of The Walt Disney Studios.