DVD Release Date: October 9, 2007
Rating: PG for Mild Rude Humor and Some Peril
Running Time: 96 minutes
Studio: Universal Studios
Actors: Steve Carell, Morgan Freeman, Lauren Graham, Jonah Hill, and Molly Shannon
Funnyman Steve Carell (“The Office”) is at his hilarious best as Evan Baxter. When his simple wish to change the world turns into a baffling request from God (Academy Award® winner Morgan Freeman) to build an ark, Evan’s seemingly perfect life is turned upside down. With the help of his family and a comical cast of animals, Evan’s unbelievable adventure becomes a life-changing experience filled with laugh-out-loud moments. Co-starring Lauren Graham (“The Gilmore Girls”), John Goodman (Cars), Wanda Sykes (Monster-in-Law), Jonah Hill (Knocked Up) and Molly Shannon (Talladega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby).
- Over 12 Minutes of Hilarious Deleted Scenes and Outtakes.
- The Building of Noah’s Ark: Go behind the scenes and follow the building of the ark from its beginning as an artist’s rendering to its final construction. Steve Carell provides comedic insight on the process.
- Steve Carell Unscripted: In this hilarious improvised stand-up routine on Capitol Hill, Steve Carell shows us what the ancient tools were “really” used for and how he made friends with all the animals.
- Becoming Noah: Spend some time in hair, wardrobe and makeup with Steve Carell and see what it takes to transform from Evan to Noah.
- Training the Animals: Head animal trainer Mark Forbes and his team of animal experts teach us what it takes to get a “perfect take” from animals on set.
- Interactive Ark Animals Game: Fun for the whole family, this interactive game has the player collecting the animals two by two, answering trivia questions before the floodwaters rise.
- Environment-Friendly Set: Director Tom Shadyac, Morgan Freeman and Habitat for Humanity’s Ryan Jacobi talk about the efforts taken on set to make this an environmentally efficient production.
- Designing the Visual Effects: The designers at ILM and Rhythm & Hues demonstrate how they created the computer-generated sequences.
Junior congressman Evan Baxter, whose wish is to “change the world,” is heard by none other than God (Morgan Freeman). When God appears with the perplexing request to build an ark, Evan is sure he is losing it, along with his family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and the news media. But soon mysterious deliveries of wood and tools are being dropped on his doorstep, animals of every shape and size are flocking to him two by two, and Evan’s predicament starts to mount, as well as the laughs.
Check out these clips!
Bonus Clip “Deleted Scene – Clip #1”
Bonus Clip “Steve Unscripted – Clip #1”
Bonus Clip “Ark-itects of Noah’s Ark – Clip #1”
Bonus Clip “Animals On Set – Clip #4”
Topics | TV/Movies | Upcoming Video Release Dates
Universal Studios Home Entertainment