DVD Release Date: November 6, 2007
Run Time: 111 minutes
Actors: Patton Oswalt, Ian Holm, Lou Romano, Brian Dennehy, Peter Sohn
Directors: Brad Bird, Jan Pinkava
Rated: “G” Bonus material not rated in the U.S.
Studio: Walt Disney Video
BURBANK, Calif., August 27, 2007 – From the award-winning team that thrilled audiences with Cars and The Incredibles comes the best-reviewed film of the year! Disney•Pixar’s Ratatouille is an incredible adventure with something for everyone. It is the perfect recipe of comedy, heartfelt storytelling, and breathtaking animation.
Experience Paris from the unique perspective of a rat named Remy, who dares to dream the impossible dream of becoming a gourmet chef in a five-star French restaurant. Bubbling over with bonus features, including an original animated short starring Remy and his brother, Emile, deleted scenes, and much more, Ratatouille is a treat you’ll want to enjoy again and again on DVD and Blu-ray™ Hi Def November 6, 2007.
DVD Bonus Features
- Deleted Scenes – With introductions by Ratatouille’s acclaimed screenwriter/director Brad Bird.
- “Your Friend the Rat” – Remy and Emile star in an all-new animated short film.
- Fine Food and Film: A Conversation with Brad Bird and Thomas Keller – Cuisine and cinema come together in this behind the scenes look at how master chef and restaurateur Thomas Keller brought his real life expertise to the table.
- Lifted – In Pixar’s latest short, Oscar® nominated for Best Animated Short Film, a teen alien learns that failure is an option.
- More Surprises!
Blu-ray™ Hi Definition Bonus Features:
Includes all the bonus features available on DVD plus:
All-new features only available on Blu-ray™ Hi Def:
From Academy Award®-winning director Brad Bird (The Incredibles) and the amazing storytellers at Pixar Animation Studios (Finding Nemo, Cars) comes RATATOUILLE, this year’s most original comedy about one of the most unlikely friendship's imaginable.
- Gusteau’s Gourmet Game: In this inventive new Java based game, the orders are stacking up in Chez Gusteau’s kitchen. You must help Linguini by moving quickly from station to station in the kitchen to prepare the right meal. If the guests are happy, there just might be time for a delicious bowl of ratatouille.
- Cine-Explore: An innovative, in-movie Java feature allows viewers to customize their own behind the scenes experience, which includes:
- Animation Briefings
- Documentary Shorts
- Deleted Shots: R.I.P.
- Deleted Scenes
The film's protagonist is a rat named Remy (Patton Oswalt) who dares to dream the impossible dream of becoming a gourmet chef in a five-star French restaurant. Undeterred by the obvious problem of trying to make it in the world's most rodent-phobic profession, not to mention his family's urgings to be satisfied with the usual trash-heap lifestyle, Remy's fantasies are filled with flambés and sautés. When circumstances literally drop Remy into the Parisian restaurant made famous by his culinary hero, Auguste Gusteau (Brad Garrett), Remy finds the one thing he needs, a friend to believe in him: the restaurant's shy, outcast garbage boy named Linguini (Lou Romano). Remy and Linguini form the most improbable partnership that will turn Paris upside down, leading them both on an incredible journey of comical twists, emotional turns and the most unlikely of triumphs, which they could never have imagined without each other.
Disney•Pixar presents RATATOUILLE, written and directed by Brad Bird, the film is produced by Brad Lewis and executive produced by John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton. Bringing to life a wide-ranging roster of memorable characters is a voice cast that includes popular stand-up comedian Patton Oswalt, Golden Globe® Award winner Brian Dennehy, Emmy® Award winner Brad Garrett, comic star and Emmy® nominee Janeane Garofalo, Academy Award® nominee Ian Holm (1981 Nominee for Best Supporting Actor) and the legendary 8-time Academy Award® nominee Peter O'Toole (1962 Nominee for Best Actor, 2007 Nominee for Best Actor).
Topics | TV/Movies | Upcoming Video Release Dates
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry, is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and Buena Vista product which includes DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and electronic distribution. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is a division of The Walt Disney Studios.
© Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc.