Release Date: January 25, 2011
Rating: US: PG – for brief mild language Canada: G
Actors: Diane Lane, John Malkovich
Studio: Walt Disney Studios
Burbank, Calif., The inspirational story about one of the most remarkable feats in sports history, SECRETARIAT, comes to Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-rayTM + DVD), DVD and Movie Download on January 25, 2011 by Walt Disney Studios. This powerful and thrilling journey of the 1973 Triple Crown winner and its owner Penny Chenery, played by Academy Award® and Golden Globe nominee Diane Lane, brings hope, heart and courage to audiences of all ages making SECRETARIAT a perfect film to add to the home library.
“This is one of the year’s best films,” states Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times. “Has received great critical acclaim and receiving Oscar buzz! ‘4 stars’.”
The home entertainment debut of the critically acclaimed SECRETARIAT will keep audiences engaged for hours on end with never-before-shared in-depth interviews with Penny Chenery, exclusive behind-the- scenes footage, deleted scenes and more on the story of one of the greatest accomplishments in sports history.
“’Secretariat’ belongs in The Winner’s Circle. It’s one of the Best Family Films of the Year!” said CBS News, and Pete Hammond of Boxoffice Magazine called the film, “A truly exciting, beautifully made movie that makes a run for the heart and will have you standing up and cheering. ‘Secretariat’ is thrilling and inspiring entertainment for everyone. Diane Lane is wonderful. John Malkovich is terrific. It’s this year’s ‘Blind Side.”
SECRETARIAT will be available in stores nationwide as a 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD in a single package) for the suggested price of $39.99 U.S./$44.99 Canada and a 1- Disc DVD for the suggested price of $29.99 U.S./$35.99 Canada.
“A remarkable story that lifts our spirits, ‘Secretariat’ is a winner! ...and the luminous Diane Lane’s tour de force performance is unforgettable!” writes Jeff Craig of Sixty Second Preview.From the Producers of Miracle, Invincible and The Rookie, SECRETARIAT features critically acclaimed performances by an all-star cast that includes Diane Lane (Unfaithful, Under The Tuscan Sun, Nights in Rodanthe), John Malkovich (Con Air, Burn After Reading, Being John Malkovich), Dylan Walsh (Congo, The Lake House, The Stepfather), James Cromwell (L.A. Confidential, The Green Mile, The Queen), Kevin Connolly (“Entourage,” He Is Just Not Into You, John Q), Nelsan Ellis (True Blood, The Soloist, The Express, Warm Springs), Margo Martindale (Million Dollar Baby, Orphan, Dead Man Walking), Fred Thompson (Die Hard 2, In the Line of Fire, Cape Fear) and AJ Michalka (The Lovely Bones, Cow Belles, Haversham Hall).
Disney presents an astonishing true story bursting with hope, heart and courage. Diane Lane and John Malkovich lead a celebrated cast in this inspirational motion picture from the producers of Miracle, Invincible and The Rookie.
Behind every legend, lies an impossible dream. Witness the spectacular journey of an incredible horse named Secretariat and the moving story of his unlikely owner, a housewife who risked everything to make him a champion. Out of the gate with never-before-seen bonus features, Secretariat is hours of pulse- pounding entertainment for the whole family!
DISC BONUS FEATURES:
The same as the DVD, plus...
- Choreographing The Races - This piece looks at how director Randall Wallace and the filmmakers used innovative tools and technology to accurately and excitingly recreate the Triple Crown races that make the viewer feel like they are standing on the backstretch themselves.
- A Director’s Inspiration: A Conversation With The Real Penny Chenery - Director Randall Wallace sits down with Secretariat owner Penny Chenery to review the movie and some of the key scenes. Penny reflects on what it was like to have been a woman in a male dominated sport and to have been part of horse racing’s most exciting moments in history.
- Audio Commentary By Director Randall Wallace - View the film with optional audio commentary from Director Randall Wallace.
- Deleted Scenes With Optional Audio Commentary By Director Randall Wallace - The same deleted scenes as the DVD, plus four more...
- Alternate Opening
- “Are You A Golfer?”
- No Time To Rest
- Secretariat Multi-Angle Simulation - Relive Secretariats triumphant 1973 Preakness race by viewing the race from a number of perspectives as well as listening to commentaries from fans, announcers and even the jockey who rode Secretariat to their record finish.
- Heart Of A Champion - This feature takes a look at one of the most famous thoroughbred horses ever known. Secretariat was a horse with style as well as amazing speed and an unsurpassed racing record. We interview all the key players from the day as well as today’s filmmakers to learn more about the horse affectionately called “Red.”
- Deleted Scenes With Optional Audio Commentary By Director Randall Wallace
- Director Introduction
- Seth Joins The Team
- Too Soon T o Celebrate
- Music Video – AJ Michalka “It’s Who You Are”
The same as the DVD, plus...
Topics | TV/Movies | Upcoming Video Release Dates | Movie Clips
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For more than 85 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company (DIS: NYSE) was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under four banners: Walt Disney Pictures, which includes Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Touchstone Pictures and Marvel. Through the Home Entertainment division, innovative distribution methods provide access to creative content across multiple platforms. Original music and motion picture soundtracks are produced under Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records, while Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Broadway theatrical productions, Disney on Ice and Disney LIVE!. For more information, please visit www.disney.com.