Winnie the Pooh
Release Date: October 25, 2011
Cast: Bud Luckey, Craig Ferguson, Jack Boulter, Jim Cummings, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Travis Oates, Wyatt Hall, Tom Kenny, John Cleese
Studio: Walt Disney Studios
Burbank, Calif. (September 9, 2011) - Walt Disney Studios proudly invites families and audiences of all ages to return to the Hundred Acre Wood with some of the world's most beloved characters, as "Winnie the Pooh," the delightful all-new animated feature film comes home to Blu-ray Combo Pack for the very first time, as well as DVD and Movie Download on October 25, 2011. Reuniting audiences with Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit, Piglet, Owl, Kanga, Roo and last, but certainly not least, Eeyore (who has lost his tail), "Winnie the Pooh" is a honey of an in-home release containing hours of immersive bonus features, including exclusive animated shorts "The Ballad of Nessie" and "Mini-Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: The Balloon;" a sing-along viewing option; an informative behind-the-scenes featurette for the whole family and deleted scenes with director commentary . all available on Blu-ray Combo Pack.
Inspired by the beloved stories from A.A. Milne's books and crafted in Disney's classic style, "Winnie the Pooh," is the most critically-acclaimed animated film of 2011*. It is narrated by the voice of John Cleese and features the vocal talents of legendary voice actor Jim Cummings (over 350 voices including Gnomeo & Juliet) and a host of other distinctive actors including Craig Ferguson (TV's "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson"), Tom Kenny (TV's "spongeBob SquarePants"), Bud Luckey (Toy Story 3) and musical performances by Zooey Deschanel (indie folk band "She & Him").
The all-new "Winnie the Pooh" brings back to life the timeless charm, wit and whimsy of the original featurettes and characters. Sure to become a family favorite for every household, it is directed by Stephen Anderson (Meet The Robinsons) and Don Hall (The Princess and The Frog) and Executive Produced by John Lasseter.
Blu-ray ™Bonus Features:
- Exclusive bonus short "Mini-Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: The Balloon"
In this charming short, Pooh comes up with a daring plan to get a hold of some honey by fooling a group of bees.
- "The Ballad of Nessie" - The animated short film included in the theatrical release is the heartwarming tale of how Nessie found her new home in the Loch Ness.
- "Winnie the Pooh and His Story Too" - A fun and informative behind-the-scenes look at the film, desined for the whole family. Hosted by John Cleese (narrator of the film), and with occasional help from Pooh himself, this featurette explores Winnie the Pooh's history from his beginnings as a character in a book, to his continued life in the movies. The filmmakers reveal how they worked to keep the look of the characters and settings in this movie consistent with their first appearances on-screen in 1966. Pooh, being a bear of very little mind, finds much of this confusing, but the Narrator and the filmmakers make it all clear to Pooh . and you!
- Deleted Scenes introduced by directors, Stephen Anderson and Don Hall . 5 deleted scenes including "The Tummy Song," ""Rabbit's Friends and Relations," "Original Eeyore Intro," "Original Tigger Intro" and "Pooh Searches for a Tail"
- Sing-Along with the Movie - Follow the red balloon and changing word colors to seven song lyrics featured in the film.
- Disney Song Selection - "Winnie the Pooh Theme Song," "The Tummy Song, "A Very Important Thing To Do," "The Backson Song," "It's Gonna Be Great," "Everything is Honey" and "The Winner Song Finale"
DVD Bonus Features:
- "Mini-Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: The Balloon"
- "The Ballad of Nessie"
- Deleted scenes introduced by directors, Stephen Anderson and Don Hall- 3 deleted scenes including "The Tummy Song," ""Rabbit's Friends and Relations" and "Pooh Searches for a Tail"
Movie Download Bonus Features: "Mini-Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: The Balloon" "The Ballad of Nessie" Deleted Scenes introduced directors. Stephen Anderson and Don Hall . 3 deleted scenes including "The Tummy Song," "Rabbit's Friends and Relations" and "Pooh Searches for a Tail"
Topics | TV/Movies | Upcoming Video Release Dates | Movie Clips
Stay connected with the latest news and information on Winnie The Pooh
* RottenTomatoes.com, as of 9/9/2011
About Disney Blu-ray Combo Packs:
To provide consumers with unprecedented quality, value and portability of their favorite Disney classics, in 2008 Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment pioneered the Combo Pack – a Blu-ray Disc plus a DVD and in some cases plus a Digital Copy of the movie in a single package. To date, the company has released almost all their films as Combo Packs. Recent Disney titles released as Combo Packs include Tangled, Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Bambi, Santa Paws, Beauty and the Beast and Fantasia.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For more than 85 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The WaltDisney Company (DIS: NYSE) was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under four banners: Walt Disney Pictures, which includes Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Touchstone Pictures and Marvel. Through the Home Entertainment division, innovative distribution methods provide access to creative content across multiple platforms. Original music and motion picture soundtracks are produced under Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records, while Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Broadway theatrical productions, Disney on Ice and Disney LIVE! For more information, please visit www.disney.com.