Valentine - a person singled out as one's sweetheart on Saint Valentine's Day
Here's a neat way to show someone you care - make them a Valentine paper mache heart! This fun, easy craft takes a bit of time to make but it's not too difficult and the results can be kept forever.
What you Need:
Before you can create your Valentine hearts you will need to make a batch of paper mache paste. Be sure to allow to cool first before using.
- Paper mache paste
- Newspaper or newsprint cut in strips
- Heart shape balloons [any size]
- Red and White craft paint
- Valentine ribbon [optional]
- Other Valentine decorations [optional]
- Heart shaped sponge [optional]
- Paint sealer
- Paint brushes, scissors, glue
Tip: Using newsprint rather then newspaper for paper mache is much cleaner. You can get newsprint without ink at your local newspaper office. Ask for a roll-end. There may be a charge for it.
Let's Get started! > Step #1
More Valentine Craft Ideas:
Hearts and Crafts | Sun Catchers | Fresco Tiles | Marble Coasters
Valentines Fun | More Crafts