The easiest way to dye something is by dipping in a bucket of dye. Be sure the item dipped can be removed easily. Stirring often will insure the whole object is dyed. You may also use a squeeze bottle or paint brush to apply dye to specific areas.
- Always prewash garment before dyeing.
- Do not use softeners or fabric sheets when pre washing.
- When mixing dye use hot water.
- Rinse project after dyeing with warm water, followed by a cool water rinse.
- Always follow manufacturers instructions on garment.
- Length of time in dye determines depth of color.
- 100% cotton fabrics or other all natural fibres work best.
- Rinse project before untieing to keep color off tied area.
- Let the garment dry flat.
- No two projects come out the same.
- If the weather is good - tie dyeing outside is recommended.
Next page > Projects