I make these adorable ghosts every year and often give as gifts.
- White sugar
- Warm water
- Black and white felt for eyes (or purchase google eyes)
- Scissors, aluminum foil, small jar or bottle
- Make a mixture of about 2 cups warm water with 1 cup white sugar. Stir to dissolve. While sugar is dissolving make a form to make your ghost. I used a small jar covered with aluminum foil in the shape of a ghost.
- Once sugar has completely dissolved soak pieces of cheesecloth in mixture. Remove and drape over "ghost form". Keep layering until you have about 3-4 layers of cheesecloth over the entire form.
- Allow to dry a minimum of overnight. May take longer.
- Once dry remove form from underneath. Your ghost should be quite firm.
- Decorate with eyes, nose, a hat or whatever you choose.
- These make great Halloween decorations for dinner tables, at your doorway or on your desk.
> Return to > Halloween Crafts
> Return to > Halloween Headquarters
> Submit > A Halloween Craft Idea - Email